I have a new level of exhaustion

Abbey

Spork Queen
I just finished 7 marine balls in 4 days. :smile: They are long...typically for me, at minimum from 3pm to midnight. Some start with rehearsals as early as 9am. I don't usually get back to my hotel until 2am. Short nights. Some were good...some just ok. Also, they are not in Vegas, so it meant being away from home for nearly a week.

I came home to a house that was TRASHED. My mother in law is coming in this afternoon for the week. Lovely. I have no energy and my house...well :surprise:

My feet KILL me. I'd rather walk 10 miles a day than stand in one place for 6+ hours at a time. I got up this morning to come home and I thought I was going to fall on the floor.

Also, we got a call from a cash lending place that they cannot locate J. He listed us as a co-writer on the loan and he has not made any payments. I'm quite surely they cannot list us without our consent. So, he's MIA.

Back to cleaning. :grrr:

Abbey

goldenguru

Ahhh yes. When it rains it pours!

Why do we get so freaked out when the mother in law is coming to visit? I do the same thing.

Hope you catch up soon. Be sure to enlist the help of all able bodied family members. No doubt the mess is theirs.

KFld

Well if mother in law is coming I would be certain to let husband know just how exhausted you are and that you expect him to help you prepare for his mothers visit.

Sorry to hear J is MIA. Hope the financial problem can't, or won't become yours.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
His financial obligation can't become yours unless you signed something.

Tell mother in law all about the Marine Balls and I'm sure she'll understand about the house. Heck, maybe she'll even pitch in and help you clean it. lol

Sorry J is MIA. Why do these things always seem to happen at once?

((hugs))

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well I would send you my magic wand to clean but it broke so I can only send good thoughts.

Hope the money problem does not become yours.

Beth

F

flutterbee

Soak those feet. How frustrating to come home to a trashed house when it's husband's mother that's coming. I'd be taking someone's head off.

As far as J, those cash lending places ask for references and they're probably calling you to try to track him down. They can't come after you for anything. A friend was getting calls because another friend had listed her as a reference and then skipped out on the loan.

TerryJ2

Oh, dear. What a weekend! So sorry you've got to clean now. I like the idea of soaking in a tub.

Don't know what to say as far as the $ is concerned... unless you signed something. He's over 21, right?

So sorry. You didn't need that.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh for heaven's sake, Abbey. Shame on those who made the mess and left it for you. I sure hope some semblance of guilt is making them help you now. :grrr:

Enjoy your mother in law. Hopefully she will be more interested in seeing you guys than in doing the white glove test.

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Abbey -

You went to a military(several) ball and can't muster up the fortitude to GIVE DIRECT ORDERS in your home for 2 young ladies to GET TO WORK?

I would plop my butt on the couch, pour my aching feet into a dishpan full of hot water and mint after a relaxing shower, and then turn on HAIL TO THE CHIEF, grab a laser pointer and use it to point to things for them to do. Then I would lather lotion on my aching feet, call my mother in law and tell her that you have attended numerous balls, your children are busy cleaning up the house, you are going to enjoy your time with her by SPENDING it with her and not cleaning so don't expect too much and you'll see her when she gets there.

AFter that - have a nice glass of Port a valium and go to bed.

Abbey

Spork Queen
AFter that - have a nice glass of Port a valium and go to bed.

haha...could someone sport me some???? :rolleyes:

House is clean, mother in law's plane is hugely delayed. This is husband's venue now. It's almot 6pm and I'm going to bed.

Abbey