I have a pain

klmno

My left side hurts. :sick: I thought I just sat too long in the same position last night or was too tense yesterday, but it seems to be getting worse instead of better. Does that happen with strained muscles? Will advil or motrin help?

trinityroyal

What sort of pain is it?
A muscle stretchy sort of pain? An ache? A stabbing pain?

Muscle strain pain, from the buildup of lactic acid tends to be at its worst about 24 hours after you strained whatever it is. Then it starts to get better.

If there's any swelling, put ice on it. If there's no swelling, heat might give you relief.

Advil or motrin will also help with swelling and pain.

Hope your pain goes away soon.

Trinity

klmno

It feels like a muscle pain- like a strain but I can assure you it's not strained from physical labor. LOL! It is between the rib cage and hip, left side, a little toward the back. I sat in one position a while last night, upset over legal stuff, so I was pretty stressed/tense. I felt it when I was up moving around this morning but it gives me a sharp pain now if I turn or do something like throw something in the garbage can. I think I might stand in a hot shower a while.

trinityroyal

Sounds like you might have pulled a muscle slightly, if you're getting a sharp pain when you move the wrong way.

A hot shower might help. Advil or motrin. Try not to stretch the area too much. Give the muscle a chance to heal for a few days.

Sorry Klmno. Pulled muscles hoover.

Trinity

klmno

LOL, Star!! I'm sitting on the pains that are caused by other people!!

Thanks, SW- I didn't even think about a kidney infection. The motrin has helped a lot. If I start exhibiting other symptoms or this doesn't get better after a couple of days, I'll go see a dr.