I have a question....

mstang67chic

Going Green
...do any of you know of.........um..........well poo. I KNOW there was something I wanted to ask.

I think it was something to do with chickens.

No. That doesn't sound right. But that does remind me that I'm hungry.

Rehab? No. Not that either but WHAT is with Amy Winehouse anyway?

Well carp.

I just don't remember.

flicker

flicker

:smug:

THAT'S it!

My memory!!! The durn thing has more holes in it than a politician's alibi.

Ok so...back story. I used to remember all kinds of stuff without writing them down. Not to say that I remembered EVERYTHING but I had a pretty good noggin at one time.

Then I had these shots to put me into a temporary menopause. (ten YEARS ago)

For quite a few years afterwards my brain was fried. I was so bad, I would walk into a room and instead of forgetting why I walked in there....I forgot that I even HAD a reason to walk in there.

Slowly though it got better. Not like it was but better. Then I was off work from April till Labor Day weekend. When I don't work, my brain turns to mush. I tried to keep myself occupied....did word games, puzzles....stuff like that. I've been working again (with a considerable workout for the ol' noggin) since the Friday before Labor Day.

It's. Not. Helping.

I've read all the recent menopause posts and wondered. But.....I'm not having any other symptoms. My pms is like it's always been, periods the same, no hot flashes...not a single thing. I'm scheduling my yearly and I plan on bringing it up but does anyone know of any online (and FREE) mental exercies type games? I've GOT to do something before I get booted out of my job!

F

flutterbee

pogo.com has some free games. I found that Word Whomp helps me. It's a word game, but it also has a memorization aspect.

Jena

I'd respond but I dont' remember your question............ ha ha ha!!! :)

I'm the same way, i begin a sentence and often can't end it due to lack of memory it' s a horror. I try to do the good morning thread in here but i don't because i often can't remember what everyone says or what their days are filled with...... LOL....i spent countless min. going back to each written thing

Everyone around me just deals with my horrifying memory. When i worked i'd leave post it 's all over my computer to remember stuff.

I'm going to check what sites everyone else gave you so i can go too!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Man. I scrolled down reading the responses - now I can't remember what the post was about. ;)

(join the senior crowd)

klmno

My memory got worse with age and stress. Sorry- that probably isn't what you want to hear! I have to write everything down since I'm a complete airhead now.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. Um..........what was it we were talking about again??

I've walked past the box to send to the grands 4 times this week. I've walked by it. But not remembered to pick the darn thing up and put it in the car and mail it.

Ok.....so yeah. That ummm, whatchamacallit thingy....you know.....the thingy.....the domahigger......yeah, umm........

Oh yeah, MEMORY! Mine is pretty much like cheesecloth. Ummmmmmmm cheeeeeese......

What were we talking about again??

Word games don't help me much. School on the other hand.....well, let's just say it forces me to use it like I haven't used it since high school. Reading does more for me than word games. I've never been good at word games. Even back when I had a memory. lol

Welcome to the club. *looks around and am glad I'm not alone* :D

KTMom91

Check out braingle.com. I love it. They have all kinds of games, quizzes, etc. designed to jump start your brain.

muttmeister

Add me to the list of people who have no memory. Actually, I do have a memory: I can name all of the Presidents in order, I can recite poetry I learned in grade school, I can answer most of the questions on Jeopardy, BUT I have stairs in my house and not only do I not remember what I went up stairs for, if I pause on the steps I'm liable to forget whether I was on the way up or on the way down. I'd like to blame it on my age but I think I've always been a ditz and I'm not sure if it's worse or if I just notice it more because I think I'm getting older. But it's not so bad; now if somebody makes me angry, I only have to wait awhile and I forget who I was mad at and why.
Could be a good thing.

F

flutterbee

muttmeister said:
BUT I have stairs in my house and not only do I not remember what I went up stairs for, if I pause on the steps I'm liable to forget whether I was on the way up or on the way down.

:rofl:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Mutt...too funny. :) But, all too familiar.

I can remember the most minute details from childhood, but yesterday? haha...nope. I know I worked, took a bus, waited in the rain/snow. That's about it.

Here's a silly example. I am Cheese Fest demo lady this week. Each day I try and bring out new things. Today it was a horseradish spread which honestly tasted like crud. But it was the big seller. I have to taste everything. When I took a bite of this stuff it immediately...and I meen IMMEDIATELY brought back memories from growing up. Things I haven't thought about for 30+ years.

When we grew up if you had ANY kind of sniffle, my mom would pop a spoonful of straight up horseradish and require that you eat it. I tell you what...if you want your sinuses cleaned in under one second, that works. I don't remember getting sick too much as a kid.

So I can vividly recall things like that even though they are decades ago. It's the day to day stuff that bothers me now. I'm a sticky note person. Shoot...I have my address stickered less than 6 inches from me right now.

Now, Mutt. I believe I'm going back upstairs to go back to bed. If you don't hear from me in awhile, I've lost my way and forgot where I'm going. I'll probably be laying in the laundry room floor.

Abbey

busywend

Here is one for ya!

Tuesday night I emptied the cat litter box since it was garbage day on Weds. I took the bag upstairs and outside.
This morning, I happened to go downstairs and noticed the litter box lid was not on and then I realized the thing was EMPTY! I smelled..well you know.

UGH! Can you believe it??!! I never put litter in the box!

Two things were fortunate in this equation. 1. - I left the new litter bucket open. 2. - my kitty is such a good boy he jumped up and into the bucket to go potty. He missed a few times, but he is so good to have tried. And I told him so.

trinityroyal

You're definitely not alone.

Yesterday I...
- walked out of the house in my stocking feet. I remembered to take off my house slippers, but forgot the "put on your shoes" part.
- Went back in the house to get my shoes, put down my computer bag in order to do so.
- Put on my shoes, left the house, got in my car
- Realized I left my computer bag inside, by where my shoes were, before I put them on my feet.
- Went back in the house for the computer bag. Realized that I forgot to grab the notes I'd prepared for the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staffing (copies for everyone, for reference during the meeting). Went to the printer and grabbed the notes
- Walked out of the house WITH the notes but WITHOUT the computer bag.
Went back in the house, got the computer bag....notes were still in my hand so I didn't forget them.

You get the idea...
This sort of thing happens ALL THE TIME. It's been this way since I was little, so I suspect it's the ADD, rather than age. Can't WAIT for the age-related memory deterioration to kick in too. It will be more fun than ever. NOT!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I will shamefully admit that I went to work with no shoes a few years ago. I got out of the car, walked to my classroom and still didn't notice. All of a sudden I look down and I'm like...OMG. Fortunately I lived only two minutes away so I dashed home and put them on.

Part of my problem is I hate wearing shoes. I grew up basically barefood or wearing thin moccasins. I just find them so uncomfortable. (Add this to the no bra category.) So if I'm not at work, I'm barefoot. I just forget to put them on. I got real spoiled living in the desert for so long as it wasn't really necessary to have them on. Now I might have to change that game plan.

Abbey

trinityroyal

Abbey, I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one.

I tolerate shoes. For some reason I do much better with boots, maybe because my feet feel connected to the rest of my legs? I don't know. Anyway...

I have a terrible habit of kicking off my shoes whenever I sit down. This has resulted in my:
- getting a detention in high school for being "out of uniform" (Yes, the teacher was a total jerk)
- walking into meetings at work in my stocking feet
- walking out of the office and down the hall to the ladies' room before I realized I hadn't put my shoes back on.

Abbey, I wonder if driving moccasins would work for you. They are thin and soft, but have a rubber sole so you can walk around in them on pavement.

Don't even get me started about socks!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ohhhh...don't get me started on socks. I've spent a fortune on ones that don't constrict the ankles. Tried knee highs, full length, the little footy things...they all hurt. That is the first thing that goes off when I get home from work. Which reminds me...I need to catch the bus to go to work. Bye bye.

Abbey

trinityroyal

Ohhhh...don't get me started on socks. I've spent a fortune on ones that don't constrict the ankles. Tried knee highs, full length, the little footy things...they all hurt. That is the first thing that goes off when I get home from work. Which reminds me...I need to catch the bus to go to work. Bye bye.

Abbey

Abbey, two words for you...diabetic socks.
They're designed not to constrict anywhere. They're made of soft cotton and they don't poke, rub or pinch. And no seams across the toes. You can get them at Wal-Mart, or from here: http://www.clearpointdirect.ca/proddetail.php?prod=0326000000

Star*

call 911........call 911
okay -

WTH are you talking about? :tongue:

You went from chickens, to mush brain, to fried something to menopause, shots and then someone posts free games.

-AND YOU THINK YOU have a problem? Try being your buddy and followin' yer post.

Dang now I have a headache.....but I got a good free game link to Winehouse Fried chicken.

Sumtin like dat