I have been in a bad place

weenie1

crazy mom
I have been in a bad place for the past 3 weeks. I just did not realize it til toni ght. I have not took my bipolar and diabetic medications for 3 weeks. I just refused to take them, I really did not know why; I just did not want to take them.
I thought I was doing good not being on my bipolar medications, I have not had any depression or any outrages. I just did not seem to care about anything.
I had a blow up with husband tonight and reality hit me. I have not took my diabetic medications because I was wanting my sugar to get up so high that maybe my organs would shut down or I would go into a diabetic coma.
Do get stressed I have took my medications tonight. I will continue to take them and husband also said he is going to make sure I take them.
I am going to call my psychiatrist on fri. and make an appointment. If I cannot get seen by her fri, I am going to go to the hospital to get some help. I think I am going to be okay, husband is watching me closely and will continue to do it.

I am having a lot of finacail problems at the moment. but I honestly think it will get better. I am continueing to try to think positive, and do believe that when our new president gets into office htat it will get better.

I am making a promise to myself and to all of u that I will take my medications everyday and if I feel like something is wrong I will come here adn not be afraid to ask for help.

Thank you for letting say what and how I feel.

Jena

Hi,

I'm glad to see you will be taking your medication, I'm also glad to hear that husband will be watching you closely so that you do take them. He loves you.

You should always come here when you feel overwhelmed, down, aggrivated or anything inbetween because as you know support is always here for you.

The new president will kick some major b*typical teen I believe and in time will bring us slowly out of the financial recession we are in. Financial troubles are hard to handle yet they come and go in life unfortunately. Yet you are needed by your husband, and your family and yourself. :)

Keep taking those medications, keep posting and sharing in here. I'm so glad to see that you came in here tonight and shared your feelings.

There is alot to be thankful for, sometimes it's just not as easy to see as other times. What are you thankful for right now?

((((hugs))))

weenie1

crazy mom
I am thankful for my husband, kiddo's. I am also thankful that I came to the realization of why I stopped taking my medications. I am also thankful that I am okay and did not have any adverse affects from not taking my medications. And I am thankful that this site and everyone of u guys are here.

klmno

Please do take care of yourself- I wonder if maybe the medications might have been a little off and things weren't quite right when you decided to quit taking the medications?? Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you have a husband that's helping you through this and supports you to stay on track. Many of us feel that financial strain and are hoping for better days, if we can hang on for a while longer. Keep posting and remeber, it's not worth it to let it all go...especially when you have people around you that truly care for you.

Jena

That's a great list of things to be thankful for!!! It is huge that you alone came to the conclusion of why you stopped taking them and that husband called you on it due to his dedication and love for you.

I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving tomorrow whatever it is you do. Keep us posted on how you are and how doctor appointment. goes also.

(((hugs)))

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well, I am so glad that you came here and posted about what's been going on. I have found that putting it down in 'writing' helps me to see things a bit more clearly. Very glad you started taking your medications again and that your H has his eyes on you. Hugs, I'm sorry you're struggling.

nvts

Weenie! Great job getting back on the medications. Make sure you're taking all of them - at at the appropriate time!

Listen: we're not just here for when difficult child's act up, out or good! We're here for each other. If you're going through a tough time, whether financial, emotional or whatever, we're here for one another.

It may seem like we're just words on a computer screen, but we're not. We're warmblooded people who are going through it one step at a time just like you. Sometimes happy, sad, mad, angry but there's ALWAYS someone on here who feels a lot of what you're feeling.

So post away, hon! We're here for you whether its to give advise, a hug, a prayer or even a "good old fashioned talking to young lady!" lol!!!

Enjoy the day tomorrow - enjoy the family tomorrow - Really enjoy the pie tomorrow - and remember: we're a good group, join in and let us be there for you! One of us picking you up tomorrow could be the very person you'll help next week!!!

Beth;)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Stability is good! If it means taking your medications, you do what needs to be done! Good for you for trying to do the right thing for you and your family. I fully understand.

weenie1

crazy mom
Thanks for all support. I had a good thanksgiving, the kids were good, there was no fighting or argueing of the so called adults at my dad's.

I am feeling alot better being back on my medications. The kids are driving me crazy today, we are putting up our christmas deco. It is nothin but momma,momma I don't think they can say daddy.lol.

I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

Ropefree

Banned
Take good care of yourself, my dear. I like the book How to survive when they are depressed. It is an insightful work by a daughter and mother of depressed parents who has made her lifes work helping families with a depressive.
What I am so grateful for in this time that we are living in is that we are in what has been called the age of information...and we are going into an age of biology.
We do have reason to hope. As you take good care of yourself you are teaching your family that lesson, too.
I like the snap evaluations that some practioners use to get a fresh look at how a person is doing in treatment from the eyes of those who are around them daily.
Those evaluations give insight to the treating psyciatrist that are invaluable for their
insight of how the medication is working and if there is more to know and do.
Can you take that moment each day when you do take your medications and write down a phrase of praise for your consistancy? And maybe even a few words about how you are feeling? As time goes by you can see how you do change in how you feel.
And the habit of praising yourself for participating in your care as well as the collection of phrases will increase what you can also offer your husband, and children as you and they ,also, do what is needed to take good care of them.
To be careful is the best we do in life. Stay with us.

susiestar

Roll With It
Hi Weenie, and I am sorry I did not post to you before. I just saw this.

I am so glad you are back on your medication. Please get the diabetes doctor to check up on the medications to make sure they are right also. I know my uncle gets quite strange thoughts when his medications are not correct. I am not just meaning his insulin, but some of the other medications have made him think very strange things.

I am sorry you wanted everything in your body to just stop working. But it is AMAZING and wonderful that you not only realized you had stopped your medicines but you were able to think through the feelings/thoughts that lead up to the decision to stop the medications.

I think that you have a great outlook, and that the idea of going to the hospital for help if the psychiatrist couldn't get you in is an excellent one. Don't let them brush you off.

Your husband is a good man. He needs you, and seems to truly care about you. He is probably very worried. So show him your pill dispenser all set up and let him see every day that you have taken your medications. No cheeking them, or just putting them back in the bottle now. Your family needs you and THIS family here online needs you. Both families care deeply for you, and would miss you so much if you were gone. Do whatever is needed to get healthy in every way.

Hugs, and wishes for a peaceful weekend,

Susie

Fran

Former desparate mom
weenie, I was struck by your thoughtfulness to not have us worry. It is a wonderful thing that you did.
Your self awareness may be the thing that helped pull you out of your slump.
Things that look bad today will probably turn around in the future. The economy has always gone up and down. Try not to focus too much on someone fixing things. It can lead to expectations that can't be fulfilled or great disappointment. Just focus on things getting better for you and your family. One day at a time.

Thanks again for the reassurance that you are being watched and that you have a plan to get help and get better. Hugs. Everyone has been in an ugly or dark place. You were wise enough to use the tools available.