I have cabin fever PLUS PLUS

meowbunny

I love rain. I come from the land of rain and more rain. I'm used to rain. I know how to drive in rain. But I'm stuck at home. I'm bored out of my mind. I want Tropical Storm Fay to go away -- far, far, far away.

First, I was cooped up cause there were some serious fears of the havoc Fay was going to do until she decided to hang around Daytona for a few days. Of course, she was just large enough to let her outer fingers give us rain from Tuesday on. Now, she's heading over us.

I started a small business where I do everything from housewatching for snowbirds to pet sitting to weeding and everything in between. I've gotten 5 new clients this week for weeding. I can't do my job. It is driving me crazy. I'm going to be so far behind and I refuse to weed when the sun comes out (I quit at 9:00 am). I'm actually stressing out trying to schedule my time next week to get all the new clients done and still take care of my other people.

I really need Fay to go away. She's making some roads impassable here. She's causing me to be bored. She's stressing me out about my business.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You know the Indian Rain Dance? Perhaps you could do some type of Sun Dance?

Or, light a gold candle and meditate to the Sun God to reach through Fay's rainclouds to come and dry things up a bit - just enough so you can get on with work!

meowbunny

I'm out of books! Street's flooded so I can't even go to the dang library (course, it's closed cause of the rain, anyway). I could wash clothes, I guess, but the idea of seeing more water is just a yucky idea right now.

witzend

Sounds like time for a makeover. Manicure, pedicure, hot oil treatment, pluck your brows, if you're like me, your upper lip? ;) shave your legs, clean your jewelry. You'll look mah-velous!

meowbunny

witz, hate to say it but my first reaction to your suggestion was ewwww. The second was ughhhhhhhh. I hate makeup and all the girlie stuff. I would truly rather have a root canal than a pedicure.

I need to be outdoors but the street is flooded. I'm really not very good at staying at home. Back home, it wasn't a problem -- our streets were set to drain off the water, so flooding just didn't happen. Here, they're used to 30 minutes of hard rain and then all is well. No real flooding problems. So, I'm stuck in a house and I have things I need to do. Even the Olympics is beginning to bore me.

DammitJanet

I understand MB. I hate it when we get hurricanes because of this exact thing. You get stuck inside with all the rain and then once they pass...you cant go anywhere because of the mess! At least you didnt lose power. That is truly miserable when its hot.

All I can offer is hugs. Fay will go away eventually. Are the streets completely impassable? Can you venture out at all and maybe go to a mall? Or home depot and pretend you need something...lol.

meowbunny

If I had an SUV, I could get out. My car is a little too low and a golf cart is out of the question. So is my scooter. I'm stuck. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Oh, well, TCM has a movie on I haven't seen before with George Peppard and Michael Caine when they were young and hot. I guess I can live with that for now. I always thought George Peppard was hunky, especially with that premature grey hair.

trinityroyal

TCM has a movie on I haven't seen before with George Peppard and Michael Caine when they were young and hot.

Now THAT sounds like a plan!

Hope the weather clears soon, and that the roads are not such a disaster that you can't get on with your to-do list once it lets up.

(by the way, please let me know the name of the movie. I'm a big fan of old movies AND of George Peppard and Michael Caine when they were young and hot)

Trinity

meowbunny

Operation Crossbow. So far, I saw Michael for about 30 seconds but I'm beginning to doubt it was he. George Peppard stars. Actually think I may have seen this when it first came out but not since.

trinityroyal

Thanks Meowbunny. I'll have to check it out.
Even if it's just George Peppard without Michael Caine, it'll do. (I can drag out my DVD of Alfie if I need a Michael Caine fix.)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I weed in the rain - It's so blasted hot here - I don't care.

So if you're not into girly things - and a root canal sounds better than a makeover - YOU AIN'T GONNA MELT....sugar britches. GET OUT THERE AND PULL SOME WEEDS.....

I just don't know what comes over me sometimes......:tongue:

meowbunny

There be one rub with weeding in the rain -- you can't spray in the rain. It won't stick to kill the roots. Clients get rather grumpy if you weed one day and the weeds are back 2 days later. Being in Florida, they want to see new weeds, not the same old ones. Otherwise, I probably would have been out there since there was no lightning.

Well, actually two rubs -- just cause I don't like girly stuff doesn't mean I like getting all wet while working. sheesh

Well, looks like I'll be able to do something this afternoon -- the rain has stopped for now, the clouds are brighter, the streets are drying up. Who knows? I might even get totally soaked (if it isn't too hot) and go slog through the wet yard and do one client this afternoon. We shall see.

At least I get to play some poker this evening. I do love easy money. ;)

Oh, and Star, :loveyoutoo: You're wonderfully s i c k (as in demented).

Wiped Out

Staff member
MB,
I sure hope Faye is gone soon-I hate that cooped in feeling. Of course, we generally get that feeling here in the winter in Wisconsin!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm glad it's quit raining........and that would be D (capital D) emented! thank yoU! :tongue:

If you pull weeds you have to spray too? Blech!

meowbunny

Yes, dear, you have to spray, too. I found a really great organic formula if you're interested:

1 gallon vinegar
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon dishwashing detergent

You can downsize this for spray bottles, too.

I have found that it is best to use about 1/4 cup of hot water to dissolve the salt -- it clogs up sprayers in no time flat. You can also just carry it in a bucket and pour it on the weeds (be careful to not use on grass or by plants -- it kills indiscriminantly).

Another tip -- cut the top and bottom off of a gallon milk jug. Set it down around a weed near a plant and spray inside the circle. You protect the plant that way.

I'm getting really good at weeding. rofl

And I would never survive a Minnesota winter. We used to get snow but not enough to keep us cooped up. I don't like snow except to play in. One of the main reasons I picked the South when I had to leave home.