I have discovered...Im allergic to people!

DammitJanet

I have been in a real mood for the last...oh decade or so...lol. No really, my therapist says she has been really worried about me for almost the past 8 to 10 months now. Thats how long my moods have been really bad and my stress level has been off the charts. I have really been engaging in some bad difficult child behaviors. I wont go into them but suffice it to say Im not handling stress well at all.

This weekend husband and I took a simple overnight get away drive down the southern NC coast and stayed overnight in a lovely place called Sunset Beach NC. He fished for awhile and I stayed in the motel and read a book and watched tv. Later he came back to the room and we had a late pick nick dinner in the room while watching tv together.

We had started our drive first going to Carolina Beach and then going down to Fort Fisher to take the ferry but that was backed up so we drove around down through Wilmington to Sunset and Ocean Isle.

After we got up this morning we decided to do the "reminiscing" tour since we met in North Myrtle Beach and lived there for 8 years and we were only about 10 miles there.

We drove down and saw my moms old house, the apartment that we first lived in and where Jamie was conceived and came home to, the place that our first trailer was (the lot is still there but the trailer is gone), and a bunch of other landmarks from our beginning. Its hard to believe its been so long. While we were at the place that our first trailer was at a man spotted us parked to take a picture and he stopped us to talk and asked us who we were...we told him we had lived there 20 years ago...and it suddenly dawned on me...OMG...it was 20!!!! years ago!!! I cant believe it was so long ago.

But what was so amazing was that this whole time I was out there just me and husband riding around, eating, not dealing with anyone else...guess what? I was calm! I wasnt stressed...I was calm. No kids, no jails, no cops, no one expecting anything from me.

Im allergic to people. I like to watch them but I dont want to interact with them...lol.

TerryJ2

Ohhhh, Janet, I can SO identify!
I tell everyone I'm not a "People Person, I hate people, I'm am artist; I like things."
They give me the strangest looks.
I don't care.
Part of your BiPolar may be shades of introversion--you just need a WHOLE LOT of time to recharge your batteries. We're all put together differently.
Bravo that Tony does so well with-you. A blessing.

AllStressedOut

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

I relate too. One of my sons teachers told me once "You are so good with kids, you should teach." I looked at her like she had 3 heads and said "Oh, I don't like children." She laughed, uncomfortably.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

I'm so glad you guys took that trip. I know you needed it for the break and some quality time together without all of the outside nonsense. :smile:

I'm an introvert. I admit it. I can deal with people when necessary, but generally I'd be just as happy to be left alone. I like what I refer to as My People, people I enjoy being around, talking to, ect. But there are even times when I distance myself from them too cause I just need a breather.

High stress can almost cause me to become a hermit. Sort of like an overload mode. And my moods will go all wacky, mostly on the bad side, especially if the people around me aren't bright enough to give me plenty of space.

goldenguru

Glad you got a break with husband. Maybe you should do that more often.

Since it sounds like it may be a while before the boys leave home ... I guess you'll have to leave home more often for a break. It's cheaper than medications and therapy. LOL.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Janet,

What a delightful trip for you & husband. I'm completely jealous. I'm more of an extrovert.

As homebound as I've been lately, I really miss people. I miss getting out & about on a regular basis. I especially miss visiting wm at his group home.

Okay, done whining on your thread.

I'm glad you got out & away from all the chaos at your home. I hope you can do it again soon.

rejectedmom

When we are so beat up by others it is only natural to not want to deal with anyone anymore. I'm glad you and husband got away and had a nice peaceful time. I hope you can do this more frequently. It is amazing what a little down time will do for your soul. -RM

Steely

Oh, I am with you ............groups of people bother the ever living stuffing out of me! I enjoy one on one.......but more than that makes my annoyed, cranky, and irritated.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I actually have this printed on my allergy card in my wallet. It states very clearly the medicines I'm allergic to, the foods and then it says " ALLERGIC TO STUPID PEOPLE ' it always gets a chuckle from any new nurse.

It was nicer than saying
People are sheep.

F

flutterbee

I've been doing so much health-related research and have learned tons of new stuff - whether it pertains to me or not remains to be seen. Anyway, my mom said I should go to school to become a doctor. I just looked at her for a minute, then said, "But then I'd have to deal with people. I'd rather just do research." :rofl: It's the reason I didn't go into social work. I don't deal well at all with whiny people. I'm a harda**. difficult child got the wrong mom. Poor kid.

4sumrzn

Ohhh...Sunset Beach, beautiful place....went there for my Honeymoon. I'm glad you enjoyed your alone time!

Maybe that's my problem too....people! Hmmmm....

Chrissy

Sounds like a nice break, I sure could use one of those. I worked retail for almost 15 years and I know I am allergic to people, LOL. I hate shopping, I hate the malls and I even hate talking on the phone anymore. Maybe it is the age for me. husband always knows when I've been to Walmart cause I come home mad, LOL.

lovemysons

Janet sure does sound like you needed the nice getaway you and husband had. I laughed out loud when you mentioned visiting the area/apt where Jamie was conceived. That sounds like husband and I! Can still remember the hotel room in Ga on the way back from Basic Training...that's where my young difficult child was conceived. Anyway, cracked me up.

easy child called me a hermit crab the other day. I don't get out of the house enough I guess I definitely don't like crowds of people, noise etc. In fact, I like turning OFF the radio and listening to silence...my easy child doesn't get it. lol

lovemysons