I have no Amish friends to give my bread to...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I was given some Amish Friendship Bread batter/starter 10 days ago, so today I set out to actually bake the bread.

I got half-way through adding the ingredients and realized I was supposed to separate out 4 cups of batter to give away. Oops. See, I was with a bunch of my friends when I got the batter and I was the only one who took some, so I wasn't even thinking of offering it to any of them since they passed on it.

So now I've got to figure out what to do with this partially assembled concoction...

I just guesstimated that it was roughly double the original recipe, so fingers crossed this works.

Oh, and I'm also hoping my baking powder is still good... And I had to send easy child to the neighbor's to borrow some baking soda. Everything else I had... Guess I wasn't paying very close attention today, was I? :wince:

Now I have a ginormous bowl of batter! There are four medium loaf pans and a dozen muffins baking... and I think that only used 1/3 to 1/2 the batter.

I suurrre hope this turns out o.k.! Otherwise the chickens are going to be eating Amish How-to-Ruin-a-Friendship Bread for a looooong time! ;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, it turned out fine. And now I have EIGHT medium loaves and 24 muffins! I think we'll be delivering some of this to the neighbors tomorrow... :D

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
MMMMMMMMMMM homemade bread. *drool*

Send some my way. :D

And now you know why they give some of that batter away. :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Try saying AAAAAAAAA Mish....and see if it helps you unload those loaves better. Not Ahhhhhhh Mish. lol.

Depends.....the Amish I know call themselves the Aaaaaaamish. The Menonite people I know call them the Ahhhh mish.

WOnder if any of them say they are Amish American. ;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You say Ah-mish, I say A-mish
You say Ah-men, I say A-men
Ahmerican, American
I think my headache's back again
Let's call the whole thing off! :singing:

witzend

I got sucked into the Amish bread thing for about 3 weeks once. It's worse than a chain letter! ;)

If only someone would "friendship" me some sour dough!