I have one Whiney difficult child

StressedM0mma

She is so hungry, but everything sounds gross. Mommy tell me what to eat" I am so not getting into this. Anything I would mention would be a NO that is NOT what I want!! She is whiny and tired. For once I just wish she would fall asleep on the chair and be quiet.

bby31288

I don't envy you. Hunger is my difficult children major triggers!! She drives me nuts with the there is nothing to eat! The refrigerator is empty. We never have anything good to eat. Ugh!!

InsaneCdn

Stressed... I don't know if she would buy into this or not, but... any chance you could get her to ditch WHEAT? (easier to do that than to ditch modern wheat, which is what I've done but it is a LOT of work)
Or even try a girlfriend diet?

For me, it's WHEAT. For others it's gluten in any form.
It "kills" us. As in, saps our energy while increasing our hunger - and an hour later we're hungry again. Which is a sure recipe for weight gain. been there done that.

Dropping wheat isn't THAT hard, but does take more home cooking.
You can still have take-out pizza... just order it with the gluten-free crust, which guarantees it isn't wheat.
Breakfast... girlfriend bread, or oatmeal, or a smoothie, or... lots of options.
Chef-salad, or soup (without pasta... pot barley makes a good soup "filler") for lunch.
Meat and potatoes and veggies for supper.
Fruit and cheese for a snack... a few nuts can be added to that.

It took a week to notice a difference in energy levels.
One single meal with wheat in it... and it's a three-day set-back.

StressedM0mma

IC, I have thought about it. It is more her just wanting someone to "do the work" of finding her something to eat. I did list all of her options to her, and then just ignored her, and she finally realized that I was not going to fix her something, and she magically decided on what she wanted, and got up and made it. She did ask me to make her a smoothie, and I was more than happy to do it. (We have a vita mix, and it scares the **** out of her.)

She also gets super hungry in the evenings when her Concerta wears off.

InsaneCdn

She also gets super hungry in the evenings when her Concerta wears off.
THAT is "normal".
We had to plan MAJOR "bed-time" snacks, to account for this.
It represented the biggest single calorie intake of the day (breakfast was the other big one, before the Concerta kicked in - but your difficult child takes concerta before getting up... )

StressedM0mma

I realized not long after she started the Concerta that we would have to amp up the food intake in the evenings. There are some days she doesn't even eat much of her lunch. I always know when the medications start to wear off. She just wants to eat everything. I try to make pretty big dinners to try to fill her up, but it doesn't always work. But, I am glad to know that it isn't uncommon. It just gets frustrating for difficult child and me. She gets tired of eating the same things over and over, and I get tired of trying to come up with new foods for her.

InsaneCdn

Creativity time.... <grin>
Tell me what are the "same old things" that you keep making... and I'll toss some ideas back.

TerryJ2

Sigh.
I'd be buying gluten free chips and snacks to leave out, and since I don't see cats and dogs listed in your profile, maybe a few pieces of cheese and meat on a plate, to nibble on. She has to do the dishes, and get herself more once her blood sugar is up.
Just some thoughts.

StressedM0mma

Terry, they are not listed, but we have 2 dogs of our own, and at least one foster dog at all times. So leaving food out is a big no go.

Let's see, IC I have yogurt, peperoni cheese and crackers, fruit, PB&J, PB with-apple or banana, tuna pita, salad, baked tofu, any of the leftovers from dinner for the past couple of nights, popcorn, smoothies, cereal.

I would appreciate any ideas!!