I have sunk to a new low.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I partied last night at a BOWLING ALLEY in the middle of WI. Yep...bowling alley. Closed the place down. No Vegas lights and glamour...a bowling alley.

A friend of mine plays in a band and asked if I wanted to go see him play. Sure! Where are you playing? Oshkosh Lanes. A bowling alley? Yeppers.

They were actually quite good but I couldn't help myself from laughing. My, how things have changed in just a short year.

Abbey

donna723

Well, at least you got out and you did something! You could have been home in front of the TV eating cookies & cream ice cream like me!

BusynMember

Hey, there!!! Even to see a band playing in a bowling alley :tongue: welcome to MY neck of the woods!!! I don't live too far from there!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I should have called you, MWMom. We could have laughed together. I met this woman and we chatted most the night. She kept asking me why I'm laughing. Well, it could have been a few drinks, but basically I was just looking around me thinking how much my life has changed. I'm sitting there hearing the clatter of bowling pins in the background of Led Zepplin. Weird combination.

I did dance quite a bit...all 9 of us did. Yep. 9. I counted. We ROCKED Oshkosh.:peaceful:

Abbey

donna723

Where I live, our town is so little we don't even have a bowling ally! :D We thought we hit the big time when they put in a Sonic! Consider yourself lucky!

muttmeister

As somebody who has spent MANY nights partying in the bowling alley, let me just say, WELCOME TO MY WORLD.

Just remember, WHERE you're partying isn't important. The only important thing is, ARE YOU HAVING A GOOD TIME? It sounds like you were so lean back and enjoy it. LOL

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thanks, Donna for putting it into perspective. I am lucky. I'm alive, can laugh and dance. It may not be where I want to be (raining, wind, and cold), but I'm still there.

Mutt...you want to throw a few pins down? I can smack down a good 100 on a good day.

Now, if someone could find my Degu before I go to bed, I'd be real good.:tongue:

Abbey

everywoman

Bowling Alleys? Sonic? Man ya'll are living large. We have nothing in my little town. So, last night husband and I went to a party at the home ????? of a friend's daughter who is in her late 20's. This is not a group we would normally hang with---and I only went because the friend has been having a rough time and asked me to come. We didn't stay long. The crowd was colorful to say the least.

donna723

Hey, not to make you jealous or anything but we not only have a Sonic now, we have a Subway! And we finally got a second traffic light!

muttmeister

My town is so small we don't have ANY traffic lights (or Sonics or Subways). We have livestock gates and The Do Drop In. And traffic jams consist mainly of tractors waiting for the goats to cross the road. So you can see why partying at the bowling alley sounds like a real treat!

donna723

Ha! We have those tractor traffic jams too ... and then there's the Mennonites in their wagons! I have to drive down 20 miles of winding two-lane county road every day and the ol' guys make sure they're out there on those tractors just when everyone is trying to get to work or school, then they're out there again in the afternoon when we're all trying to get home!

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha...you guys make me chuckle.:D

I'm laughing at the guy who has a good 10 anntenas (can't spell at 3am) on his car. He's probably CB'ing to see where there is a goat crossing down the road.

Abbey

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Deb, if you feel so stifled by small town life you're a few hours either way from Chicago or the Twin Cities.

I love small town life ~ wouldn't miss moving out of the city at all. The only reason I'm here is because of the Tweedles.

Abbey

Spork Queen
TM - if I'm going to move, it's not going to be to another cold city. I'm smacking my chaps on and going South. :)

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hey I am so offended!
Jeff and my first date was Sushi and guess you'll never guess!!!

BOWLING

North Idaho! That was classy!
Vodka, Beers and bowling!!!
The sushi was the weird thing in Idaho... but it is the small town with big dreams! LOL
We started bowling weekly... I am a mean 100 handicap

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I resemble that comment!

What's wrong with jamming to the bowling alley band?

And, like others, we don't even have a bowling alley. We did just get a big gas station, tho, with one of those tiny McDonalds stuck off the side of it. We're big time, now, boys. And what did we do right away? Took the horses thru the drive-thru.

No traffic lights, either.

My goat crossed the road once. My cell phone rang its battery dead from all the people calling to tell me. Heck, they'd even call when the turkeys got out of the yard...