I have to start our American quarter collection all over again; difficult child's impulsivity ...

TerryJ2

He drives me nuts. He's nearly 16 and acting like a 2-yr-old when he does this.
I don't know what he spent it on, but I'm guessing it was the two times he went to the mall and came back with-cheap jewelry which he said was given him by girls. Or, they really did buy it and he bought himself a drink and fries ... when I told him he could not eat there.

It was originally his collection but he lost interest. And then I found the little green folder ... empty.

Fine. It's mine now. I'll do it for fun and just make sure it's always locked up. It's just so frustrating, because when he was little, we could never finish a puzzle, because he'd upend it. We'd never keep toys for more than a week because he'd break them. This is just a more sophisticated version ... nothing can be completed or whole in this household, including relationships.

Sorry. Pity party over.

B

Bunny

Ugh! I would be really angry if I were you because I know how long it took to assemble that collection.

gingersgrl

I too would be angry. It was a good reminder that I need to lock mine up now that she's in school and wants money. What a drag.

buddy

LOL, I ruined ours to cover a potential overdraft last year .....well, it wasn't so funny at the time.

klmno

Wow, Terry- it's not sounding like he learned anything at all from that court experience or being put on probation. I think I second what DF said on your other thread.

DammitJanet

I think I would report it to probation. That is so not funny. We have two of those and Tony would kill Cory if he touched them.

TerryJ2

I am keeping the note that difficult child wrote me this a.m., apologizing about last night, and saying he did his chores, and I am documenting the coin issue.
We still don't have our own PO so I guess I'll call the lady who gave us all the paperwork.
Can't believe it's only been a week and already I've got a folder of documentation ... so sad.