I have...

tiredmommy

hellacious back pain... and I don't know what caused it. Motrin isn't touching it. I might have to go to the doctor tomorrow.

witzend

What part of your back. If it is in the area of the lungs and appeared suddenly, please consider seeing a doctor now. It could be a clot.

flutterby

Fly away!
Moist heat or ice. Whichever feels better. For moist heat, I dampen a towel and throw it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or so.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
A rice or corn bag can feel good, too.

Sew a little "pillow" and fill it with rice or corn. Heat it in the nuker for 60 seconds or so. I think they feel great.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope you feel better soon. These are all good suggestions. For an emergency rice bag, take a tube sock and fill it with rice, tie a knot and there you are (Janet told me about this - Thanks Janet!). For a fast hot water bottle, take an empty 2L bottle and fill it with hot (NOT boiling - just tap water hot or it will melt) water.

I would see the doctor, esp as bad as this sounds. Also try to stretch when/how you can.

Sending very gentle hugs to you.

Fran

Former desparate mom
TM, hope you are feeling better. I'm someone who goes through bouts of kidney infections. It's pretty un-comfortable. It's usually on the flank of your spine though.

I hope you are feeling better.

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone. Heat and motrin eventually let me sleep last night. The pain seems to have settled into the right side of my hip near the spine. I'm going in to see the doctor this morning. I just finished up a hefty antiobiotoc for a possible abcsessed tooth (seen on xray, no pain that I could feel). 500 Mg Amoxi 3x a day for 10 days. I had some urinary symptoms late last week and over the weekend so they want to rule out a kidney infection or yeast infection.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sending loads of smiles since a hug may hurt. Hope the doctor figures out what is wrong and it's nothing serious! Wish it was from laughing too much!

Star