I hear this crazy sound and I know I am not hallucinating...

buddy

Starting early this morning I could hear the blood flow on the left side of my neck/ear area. It sounds like when you hear it on an ultrasound or something that listens to blood flow.... shoo shoo shoo, it matches my pulse. It is so irritating and I am wondering if it is something that happens because of the stress, maybe my blood pressure is higher???

Has anyone had that..???. I think I 'd rather have ringing in my ears. It is like little marching going on ...

Hate to go to the doctor. I did qualify for half off in their financial program. that was the first time I qualified for anything since I do have a job. But a bill is a bill. Hope it is gone by tomorrow.

H

HaoZi

Blood pressure, ear infection, sinuses or tooth infection causing back up and blocking your ears... is there any pain? fever? swelling?

TerryJ2

My husband had this last month. He went to the dr, thinking maybe he was having a stroke.

I told him it was tinnitus.

We were both wrong. He had fluid in his ear, and a small infection. He is fine now.

Funny, neither of us had heard of this b4, and now I see this note ...

T

TeDo

What HaoZi said about sinuses, ears? I have that happen when my ear is plugged or when I am coming down from an "adrenaline rush". Sorry I can't help more.

buddy

Ear infection i dont think so, no fever, no pain... I did have that heart fluttering emotional feeling in my chest coming home from difficult child's school today. But other than that just the sort-of hot flash thing is continuing and this ear woosh thing. I just dont get sick. hardly ever. (only the ongoing auto immune thing) the tooth thing does scare me though because I do have cavities and I can't afford a dentist. No pain there though. It is like the most embarassing thing to me. I just hate it, especially since once when difficult child was in front of me on our stairs he did like a donkey kick (just playing) and it hit me in the mouth and i lost a tooth. I hardly smile at all now. That really affects my mood too.

I never tell anyone but since you guys know my deepest issues, I guess a tooth issue is no biggie. hope thats not the problem

P

PatriotsGirl

I have a double ear infection right now and I don't hear any sound - just a lot of pain. :( Sounds more like fluid in the ear...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I know you don't want to go............but you need your blood pressure checked.

You can check it with one of the machines at drug stores......walmart has them back in the pharmacy dept too. It will tell you the ranges.

A woosh woosh woosh like a hearbeat makes me worry about blood pressure. And if it IS blood pressure, pretty darn high b/p.

The upside, if it's not blood pressure, but something else.....doctor will figure it out. :)

Lothlorien

Even tho there's no pain, it could still be an infection. I've had those symptoms a few times. Try taking some ibuprofen. If there's inflammation, the ibuprofen will help. If it continues tomorrow, go to the doctor.

InsaneCdn

Already listed most of my options... tinnitus, stress/blood-pressure, ear infection...
But there's also ear wax. If you get clogged up, it affects pressure in the middle ear, with all sorts of side effects.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I agree with hound/lisa. My moms h used to tell us of a similar sound he heard and he had incredibly high blood pressure. Please go have it checked Buddy!

buddy

I will because there are times that my BiPolar (BP) is high and so they said to monitor it. I have, since highschool, even when very fit, had high blood pressure (borderline...like 140/90) when stressed or in pain. So, I have never had medications but I either need to find a free yoga class (maybe I can find an old dvd at thrift store or something) or monitor closely. I had an episode about three years ago when i was in Walmart finishing xmas shopping. I all of a sudden lost part of my vision, could only see out of the sides of my eyes, I hadn't eaten in a long time that day and was in a rush due to holidays, not upset or anything though. i went to subway in the store, had to order from memory, sat down and in about half hour it all went away. has never happened again. someone said maybe a visual migraine. Just keeping it in my notes in case I do end up with a BiPolar (BP) problem. So not fair since I am losing weight and doing better with exercise. Dr said, really if I have it i have it no matter my weight, it can be genetic since it started so young. Of course weight loss helps though.

The sound was there at 330, really loud when I got up to use the restroom. Now this morning, quiet. i think i should borrow my dad's at home BiPolar (BP) cuff. He had to use it years ago religiously due to heart surgery, he can probably let me use it for a month.

thanks guys, I need the reminders, I do tend to push things off, but difficult child needs me healthy

InsaneCdn

Monitor the sound in the ear thing... ear wax can shift when you sleep, then shift back later.
OR it could be blood pressure...

Blood pressure tip... take a look at your diet. For high blood pressure, really reduce sodium, and add potassium. If we're eating out, husband needs to have a banana (good source of potassium) to counteract the sodium...

buddy

yeah, it's back. good tips. I dont add salt to anything but I do eat convenience foods and they are loaded with salt i know....need to really look at that too.

M

Mamaof5

It's the cavities Buddy. I have the same issue as you. Not being able to afford the dental. Your bad tooth (teeth) can cause everything from tinnitis, ear aches, that woosh woosh sound you described (welcome to the wooshy club, table for one woosh or two? I get it all the time). Myocarditis, pericarditis (two heart infections that do damage), heart valve damage, it can cause tachycardia, bradycardia, ventricular defibrillation. Migraine headaches, sinus infections, chest infections, SEPSIS (whole body infection that can be very deadly), MSRA infections, staph, strep infections, IBS like symptoms (stomach issues) neralgias (nerve pain)....I can go in but the list is rather HUGE.

Our mouths are the gateway to everything else in out body, it's why doctors\dentists can't stress enough about keeping our mouths healthy because it keeps the rest of us healthy.

buddy

Well if that's it I'm screwed. Not an option to get care I've done additional searches and theres nothing. Asked Q's phn and she asked county team and nothing. I owe gas electric and water.Just have to pray it is not that. I have no infections or pain and am crazy good about oral hygiene so if not for the autoimmune disease causing extra issues I would be OK. Maybe someday I can get a job out of home and pay for dental care.

M

Mamaof5

Look at it this way buddy: If your teeth kill you who will be there to pay the electric bills, the gas bills and the water? Who will be there for your difficult child?

*as she says this thinking " I should take my own advice huh"*

I know it's hard, I started getting dental work done (big huge feat for me, I'm terrified of dentists to the point of psychosis) but now can't afford to finish it. I have 6 teeth that need pulling, a bone abscess that needs to be taken care of and cardiac issues that are a result of my dental damage. As well as TN2 (trimigual nuralgia, it can be purely from dental damage). My right side of my face, bone structure wise, is soft, mushy and has changed. It's more swollen and the joint is permanently misaligned from the damage of my teeth. I get constant sinus back up and that woosh you described, I also have constant ear canal back up as well as variant migraines with auras.

Your immune system issues may very well be your teeth and not a true immune disease (unless that was pre teeth damage). I've heard once the poison of the damaged teeth is removed from the body most symptoms if not all are immediately (they stressed the immediate part quite a bit) relieved. No more symptoms, just gone.

I'm hoping to settle the teeth thing bit by bit. I'm trying to find a dentist that will take payments or a program that will help adults with dental issues. I know there has got to be some sort of funding help. Have you tried seeing if a local dental school (they perform the same tasks as full on dentists under supervision of a licensed dentist for a nominal fee compared to a dental practice, you might be able to find services with them as a quarter of the cost).