I hope this is ok...

witzend

This may sound Watercoolerish, but I think it belongs in PE.

I'm sitting here on the sofa, with my feet up and a glass of Pinot Grigio. It was a beautiful sunny day, I watched the hummingbirds at my window feeder most of the day. I got the laundry folded and dinner cooked, including the fresh corn on the cob from the garden. The dishes are done and the table and counters are cleared. I'm watching one of my home improvement shows on tv. The dogs are fed and happy, and husband has done a ton of work around the house lately, so he is getting his night at World of Warcraft and I'm not sweating it.

The tree frogs are singing, and the windows are open. The humidity is about 30% and the temp in the house is 77 degrees. No AC needed. It's a really nice day.

We see M from time to time, and L sometimes more and sometimes less. She says she's got another job on the line, but honestly - who cares? I just wanted to let you all know that it's been really hard to get here. Between the two of them it's been the better part of 25 years. But evenings like this are heaven and they are waiting for you, too.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Witz I'm so glad you're getting a mellow evening. Sure are nice when they pop up, huh?

It was gorgious here today too. I didn't make it outside thanks to big time allergies. But there is always tomorrow. :)

by the way.....I'll take 20 yrs worth of those mellow days. :D

KTMom91

Glad you're having such a pleasant evening! I'll hold on to the hope that those days are coming for us as well.

goldenguru

Glad you're enjoying the 'moment' Witz. Your post makes me realize how far I have to go. No doubt I'd be saying to myself (in spite of the idyllic moment) "When's the other shoe gonna hit the floor?".

Good for you - enjoy.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
A few years ago I never ever would have believed that I'd have a peaceful evening again but it does happen...and it's WONDERFUL. There's no question in my mind that we appreciate these times way more than everyday folks.

I'm so glad you enjoyed yours, Witz.

:wine:

Suz

B

bran155

Me too Dazed.....I instantly got the goose bumps when I read it!!!

So glad you are able to enjoy the peace and that glass of wine. :) You have earned it - mom.

Thanks for the inspiration.

witzend

Thanks, guys. It made me think of you and how hard you are all working with your kids. You need to know that there are many years of nice evenings coming to you when the kids are gone, and I know we don't always see it.

janebrain

Hi Witz,
glad you had your peaceful evening and so glad you could enjoy and appreciate it. I am having more of those myself and I do think I have an appreciation that I would not have had if I hadn't had difficult children--not that I wouldn't mind being blissfully ignorant!
Jane

CrazyinVA

Staff member
This really made me smile, Witz, thank you. We're not quite ready to open windows here yet, but soon.

Drama still comes in cycles here, but living alone is heavenly.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You were drinking Pinot Grigio? OMG give me your address I'll send you a good box of wine......the travesty! :tongue:

witzend

No wine boxes! We just built a teeny tiny 18 bottle wine cabinet in the kitchen and I'm having enough trouble keeping it stocked! But bottles it is, in this house for now.

witzend

I love moscats! There are some wonderful ones that they make here in the Willamette Valley. We serve them for desert in the summer with a little fresh peach or fresh strawberry sorbet. YUM!

Thanks Witz. I am waiting for mine too. Since my difficult child has been out of the house, even though his life is not normal and he broke his hand out of anger, nights like that have come more often.