I hung up on him

HeadlightsMom

dstc_99 --- Hey, I just read your first post on this thread (about not laying down in the road to get run over time after time). So true!

It reminded me of an equivalent that occurred to me some years ago. Once, many years ago, I was munching away at an outdoor pizza joint when I stray, starving and apparently abused dog came by). I could see his pain -- it was huge. He was starving -- he was a bag of bones. I offered pizza, but he wouldn't come near me. I eventually quit trying.

But it occurred to me........If I gave a starving dog a piece of pizza and they BIT MY FINGERS OFF, I would not keep giving them pizza. No way. I will set a piece of pizza for them far away from me (Boundary -- must be far enough away that I definitely keep my fingers!) when it feels appropriate. But whether or not the dog chooses to eat it where it is comfortable for me is their choice.

We all want to feed a starving dog in pain. But what good does it do if they literally BITE the hand that feeds them? No help, no good...........to anyone.