I just got a call

susiestar

Roll With It
from a reporter at the local newspaper.

She is writing an article about Jessica's accident. She just got the email that I sent the editor. I sent the email on Sat, so for our local paper that is quite quick.

The state trooper told her that they can't do much unless someone comes forward - also could not even confirm her name, just that a hit and run accident involving a juvenile took place.

I had given her the details we had to that point. I gave her a better verbal "picture" of what happened, the road, how far Jess had to go to make it home, the medical stuff we are dealing with now, etc....

Maybe, just maybe, an article will have someone come forward. If they don't know what they hit, thought it was a mailbox or something, maybe they will step up.

That would really really restore my faith in the people in the town I live in.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(done in a Godfather voice)

Youze guys know if the germ what done this to our baby steps forward we may have to; ahhhh break his legs.

GO GET EM WARRIOR MOM -

I'll handle the muscle.......

Andy

Just thought of something! Can you take Jesse and sit in your vehicle across the street from that house to see if the car drives by? If it is a person that takes that route to work (maybe forgot something and turned around that day?) maybe Jesse would recognize a car? May have to do survellience for a few days?

Or at the intersection before the house (maybe someone took a wrong turn that day?)

klmno

Wow, Susie- I didn't realize this was a hit & run. And on a kid- what a loser- who could lack any conscience like that? No wonder you are going through all this turmoil over it. I really hope they find the person. She is probably scared to even walk down the block at this point- I would be.

{{HUGS}}

susiestar

Roll With It
Good idea Adrianne! We will have to go out in the morning. The neighbors I have talked to have seen zilch. But I haven't been able to talk to a number of neighbors - many were out of town over the weekend.

Marguerite

Let's hope the article brings results. If nothing else, it will send a strong message to people to be very careful at all times, especially when reversing.

Is it possible that whoever did this just didn't notice? If you're reversing into a driveway, sometimes you can mistake a bump for "I'm driving over rough ground, I have to expect this."

Whatever the possibility - the newspaper article will raise awareness and that is a good thing.

Marg

meowbunny

I really hope it was a true accident with no knowledge that a child was hit to a deliberate hit and run. Let's hope the newspaper article gets some results.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad the reporter is on the story and it yields who did this.

You know, them maybe not knowing what they hit is a possibility. When I was run over by the truck, the kid who hit me kept saying over and over that he felt horrible he'd hit a dog.....but when he'd realized he'd hit a person.......well, he fell to pieces.

His truck was so high up, and I'm so short, he never saw me. He admitted to the cops the only reason he stopped is because he couldn't in good conscience leave an injured animal on the road.........And since he was one of easy child's good friends, and an all around major easy child, yep, I think he was being honest.

So....it's possible.

Keeping fingers crossed they get them.

Hugs