I just had a scare...dumb dog!

DammitJanet

I swear...my dog is a difficult child. As if I havent had enough problems out of Cory stealing from me now my DOG is going to take over for him.

I had gone out shopping this afternoon -even bought the lil dickens 2 bags of treats - and came home so I could work on getting the videos off the camera from last night. I was busy doing that after I gave him one of his treats. Purse at my feet.

I did what I was doing, talked for a bit on the phone to Jamie...blah blah blah. Happened to notice the time and decided I would do some online bill paying. I reached down for my purse to get some info out of my wallet...and...OMG....my wallet was missing!

I called Tony in a panic because we had been to three places today...the bank to get a statement notarized, lunch, and the grocery store. I wanted him to come home so I could check the car and we could go back to check the other places. I knew I hadnt left it at the bank because it was after the bank closed and if I had left it there they would have called me already.

Well...I decided to go ahead and call the restaurant and the grocery store myself...no luck. He checked the car...no luck.

He came home and we searched the house. We finally find it where the dog had taken it out of my purse and gone way up under the crib we have stored in the living room waiting for something to be done with it. He had stole it to chew on it! He is a little thief!

Bad dog...bad bad bad dog! Are there Residential Treatment Center (RTC)'s for dogs?

Andy

:nono: naughty dog!

How did you think of looking there? Did the dog have a guilty look? What a panic! That is one thing that can put me into a true panic (that and loosing the cell phone which atleast you can call if it is on and follow the ringing)

TerryJ2

Gosh, how did you know to look there? (The trail of drool, probably.) That would have given me heart failure.
I love it when you catch a dog in the act ... just as they are pulling something off the table, or out of a cabinet, and you yell NO! and their ears go back and their eyes widen and all four legs splay out as they come to a screeching halt ... LOL.

DammitJanet

He has a really bad habit of taking things up under there to chew on them. All the TP disappears there...old mail...bones....trash...anything he can drag..he takes under the crib..but I cant crawl under there to look. He takes stuff way back into a corner. He also climbs and opens drawers and crawls into closets!

Stella Johnson

Oh boy. Don't get me started on toilet paper. I have 4 dogs. The sneak off with it every chance they get if it isn't on the roller.
It's like doggie Olympics. The run through the house with it in their mouth, stringing it everywhere. Then just for good measure walk around chewing it into little chunks all over the house.

Oh, then there was one rainy day a few weeks ago when difficult child left the pantry door open. I had bought a new big box of milk bones. The dogs tore into them and ate every last one of them. They then proceeded to have "the squirts" all over my house ALL DAY LONG.

Steph

witzend

Bubba used to be bad, but he grew out of it eventually. Mandy has to stay in the kennel when we're gone, but she rarely chews on anything if we are home. But then again, she does have toys up the wazoo...

susiestar

Roll With It
I find the things dogs chew up to be strange. Why do they always go for TP???

What kinds of things can you provide for the dog to chew on?? You know, bribes so he leaves your stuff alone? We worked with a trainer when we had a dog who was bad at a number of things. The trainer said that often dogs pick certain things because they smell like a certain person.

Or, if you are married to a friend of mine, they pick your shoes because you are a total jerk and your wife put tuna fish juice in your shoes!! LOL!!!

K

Kjs

I love it when you catch a dog in the act ... just as they are pulling something off the table, or out of a cabinet, and you yell NO! and their ears go back and their eyes widen and all four legs splay out as they come to a screeching halt ... LOL.

I would love to set up a camera. Everytime we leave anything on the counter to thaw, or forget to put it away the Kenzie eats it. I wonder if Chloe joins in after Kenzie pulls it down.

Kenzie ate my cell phone, chewed the remote, but wallet....I would of been in a panic. Did it eat any money or chew any credit cards?

K

Kjs

I have those hanging halloween monster things that are set off by noise. Dogs are afraid of them. Noticed when they bark, the things go off and they stop! Too bad you can't set a trap for the dog.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm still waiting for Betsy to pass out of the chewing stage. At 2 1/2 she still thinks she's a little puppy. So if we leave she either goes in the yard or her crate.

So far she's managed not to chew bills. Is that equililant to The Dog Ate My Homework? :rofl:

Betsy goes for odd things..........like an empty milk jug can keep her entertained for hours. lol

donna723

My brother used to have a Basset Hound that could open their bi-fold pantry doors, then stand on his hind legs and take whole loaves of bread off the shelves and eat them. He once ate two entire loves of bread at once and didn't even burp! My Ragan is bad about getting in to the garbage - she loves to get butter wrappers or ice cream cartons and lick them. And last night she 'retrieved' the plastic wrapper that had been on a pound of pork sausage and was looking for a place to lick it clean.

In my house we have a rule - if I didn't give it to them, they DON'T eat it! I've caught both of them before with something little in their mouths, chewing on it, but could never get it away from them before they swallow it. They do that on purpose, you know! One day Katy had something in her mouth chewing on it, something little and hard. I was thinking "thumb tack" or something else horrible! She'd roll it around in her mouth and then spit it out but when I'd try to see what it was, she'd snatch it up again. I finally got down on the floor, wrestled her down, got her in a headlock, pried her jaws open (not easy with a Boston!), and ran my fingers all around inside her mouth! I finally got it and took it out of her mouth ... it was a PEA! A dried pea! They get the Merrick dog food that is a small kibble with little pieces of freeze dried fruits and veggies in it - including peas! I gave it back to her and apologized! She does it all the time now. She loves to pick out a little piece of dried apple or carrot or a pea from her food and play with it and chew on it for hours!