I just had a visit ...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
from wm. Yup, he stopped by with his in home therapist while kt was doing her outpatient therapy with her staff.

Can I just beam a bit? wm was polite, wasn't into every little thing & was able to sit down & have a conversation with me. Grant you, it wasn't more than 15 minutes but that was 15 more minutes than he could manage 6 months ago.

We've made plans for wm to come visit me here at the house every Tuesday afternoon while kt is off to therapy. It's important for me to see the improvements he's made. I've made changes to my home that don't bring back instant memories for wm. I love my home.

I've felt so estranged from wm ~ so not a part of his life. I smiled as wm left. I was a proud mama.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

YAY! Wow, I'd have been surprised and apprehensive. But it sounds like he is doing better... Prayers and bead rattles it keeps on.

klmno

Wow! Did you know they were coming? I'm so glad it went well- you both needed that. They might not all be perfect visits but seeing improvement overall can go a long way. Way To Go - both of you!

Steely

Oh, that makes me SO happy, I could cry. YAY wm....and to you for accommodating him and his issues enough to move things out of the house. So happy.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Pass the tissues!! This made my day today!! So glad the visit went so well. Prayers for continued good visits.

susiestar

Roll With It
This is wonderful!!!! I hope you have many more happy visits with him and that maybe he will be able to take this success and spread it into other parts of his life - in baby steps, of course!!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I was a little worried when I saw it was a visit from wm...

but this is WONDERFUL news!

I'm happy that you had a nice visit...

DDD

I'm glad the visit was positive. on the other hand, being the worry wart that I am, I worry that you are not being given advance notice and the comfortable opportunity to delay or reject a visit. It's been a hard time with your Kt lately and adding Wm. back into your agenda may be a strain that you don't need right now. DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wow, I welled up reading your post, I am so happy for you, warms my heart, really.

And just to make sure, you do have the option of bowing out of a visit if it becomes overwhelming for you, correct?

Big happy hugs~

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
DDD & Jo ~ I have the option to not meet with wm. His therapist will always in attendance & it is set up a week in advance. If, for any reason, I cannot or choose not to have a visit I will take that option.

wm is making improvements yet I know his limitations. I enjoyed short visit & look forward to our next visit. Time will tell if wm can manage himself in my home as he hasn't been welcomed here for a very long time due to past dangerous behaviors here.

Maybe I'm just looking to have my little family again ~ who knows?

Thank you all ~ I was proud & saw how hard wm worked on his skills.