I just heard...

jbrain

Hi KLMNO,
I'm so sorry it seems it isn't going to work out and for such a stupid reason. I admire you for picking yourself up already and moving on--your attitude is really something to admire! Best of luck to you,
Jane

klmno

Thanks again, Ladies! I've been making calls to local places this afternoon since it had been a few months since I'd gone down the list in the phone book of companies around here in my profession. I've sent out 3 resumes- one that is definitely hiring but it is a "related field", one that is in my field and said he'd go ahead and talk to me but isn't ready to hire yet- he just thinks he might be next month or something, and one that didn't sound all that promising but asked for a resume. I was amazed that out of about 15 calls I made, about 4-5 numbers had been disconnected- meaning they are out of business. Many said "I WISH we were hiring" (meaning they wish they had work in their office). I saw this in the early 90's but it didn't seem to last nearly as long as it has this time. It's horrible. I hate to think how many others are in my shoes looking for employment in this line of work- my competition is pretty stiff, I'm sure. Still, I figured I'd start with companies nearby in my field though, then "expand" as necessary....AGAIN! LOL!

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm sorry this one didn't work out. You'll find something better, and less complicated to obtain (like moving half a world away). Hang in there...

Steely

OMG K..............this just totally, completely hoovers for you. I am sick for you!!!!
I am sending a million hugs your way. Something better has to come along.