I just love these shoes!

klmno

Gel shoes are the greatest! I wish I'd gotten a pair a long time ago! True, they don't look fancy but they are nicer looking than tennis shoes when those aren't appropriate for work. I'm going to try to find another pair in another style and color.

klmno

These are fairly cheap shoes I got at wally-world. They are Dr. Scholls brand (sp) that have buit-in gel soles. I have just been calling them gel shoes. I'm assuming they could be purchased other places too. They also have soft bottoms (rubber, I think) so between the the gel and the soles, they are at least as comfortable as my cheap tennis shoes but they don't look like tennis shoes. I can wear tennis shoes some days but some days I need to wear something a little nicer but my pumps just weren't cutting it- too much walking and they make a lot of noise on tile floors. I spent $30 on these but they are just plain black leather on top.

klmno

PS Until this past weekend, I hadn't bought any clothes at all for myself in at least 2 years so it isn't taking much to thrill me right now! My big goal- for difficult child's b-day I really hope to buy myself a real bed so I can quit sleeping on an air mattress on the floor at home. That's one bennie of having to travel so much over the next few weeks- I get to sleep in a real bed!

witzend

You had me all excited because I totally need a pair of dressy black flats for choir. I have super narrow feet, though and these only run medium or larger... :(

DammitJanet

K...walmart sells these beds in a box. They are a complete mattress in either pillow top or memory foam for right around 250. You then buy a set of metal box springs...or really springs kind of like those old fold up beds folks had for company moons ago to put the mattress on. If you have a spare box spring or even a frame...what do they call them now? platform beds? You wouldnt need the springs. The mattress in the box is 8 inches thick.

klmno

I've been checking that kind of stuff online, Janet, and might take that route. It will still be early January before I can actually purchase anything though because I have to pay some costs for these trips up front, then wait until the end of the week to turn in an expense report, then it could take 10 days before the money actually gets to me. So that's really a 3 week wait. I did have a couple of hundred "extra" but I spent that on clothes and buying dressers for bedrooms and having them delivered- getting clothes in drawers was a priority too and this guy on CL was selling and delivering so I thought that was a deal I couldn't beat. I'll be in a better position once January rolls around- if my boss doesn't demand that I get a CC (meaning it will have to be prepaid) in January. He doesn't know I'm sleeping on an air mattress at home although that's really because he doesn't think thru stuff enough to put together that I came here with no large furniture and am using every payday to catch up so how the koi could I buy large furniture right now? Then, the fact that I have to make it thru half of Dec. with only four days pay-unexpectedly- just put all of it behind.

I did look at wally-world's platform beds online and that doesn't look too bad. I have to think about cost to get it picked up at the store and delivered to my house though. I'm hoping this guy I'm working with might know somebody who'd do that sort of stuff pretty cheap. $20 instead of $50 or $75. I only live 1 1/2 mile from wally-world.

Last edited:
H

HaoZi

Hopefully by the time you can get the furniture you'll have made some new friends that won't mind helping you out for free to move it.

trinityroyal

You had me all excited because I totally need a pair of dressy black flats for choir. I have super narrow feet, though and these only run medium or larger... :(

It might be worth trying the insoles, which you can insert into existing shoes. I don't know if they make them in different widths, but they might...

klmno

It was kind of funny- my traveling partner mentioned several times this afternoon that he's going to run over to Wally-world this evening and get some gel inserts. LOL!