I just threw out my 21 year old addict son

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
Hello,

Sorry you had to post! First, if you start you r own thread you will get more response and wise words. You are among non judgemental people here.

I echo your frustration with the PO, although our son is respecting his Probation....they have said they will give him chances for honesty...luckily so far he fears getting in trouble.

Your son will end up in trouble...you can't function long normally on heroin. I'm doubting he works. He will not test clean...I'm surprised he does not need to give a new dresses and show he's t her e. The bottom line we have found is, drugs is the least of these PO issues...ours said he has murderers and such and a young drug user is nothing compared.

You can try to report her, but he will be picked up and arrested. You don't have to take him back. He doesn't want to be sober....he has to want that..it's hard. The girl is not good. He is drawn to what he thinks is the easy comfortable route. Yes...he is lost to the disease.....

Keep posting! It helps!

Jabberwockey

I know he is sick and this disease has taken over my son, but my point is if his PO had listened to me to begin with none of this new stuff would be happening.

Yes, he is sick. Unfortunately these things would have happened one way or the other. A PO doesn't have the authority to lock one of their clients up on someone else's say so, they have to actually catch them.

He told me when he saw her for the first time she told him that if he was going to pee dirty to tell her and she would not test him that week.

I doubt this very seriously. #1 rule when dealing with addicts, they lie. Constantly.

How can I report his PO for not doing her job? (I don't want to report her to a county office, I would rather go federal)

First off, they aren't under Federal jurisdiction so the Feds wont investigate one PO. It would have to be a full blown investigation of the entire department and if its a city or county PO it would be done at the state level. Secondly, refer to my comment above about the #1 rule when dealing with addicts and make sure whether this PO is actually doing their job or not before stirring up a storm that may just rain all over you and your son. I've been in Corrections for 25 years, part of which was with Probation and Parole and I can assure you that MANY of the PO's are frustrated themselves by the system. They try over and over again to lock up a client who needs it only to be thwarted by ever changing laws. They are hindered by investigation instigated by parents who believe their child's BS story about what an uncaring, unhelpful douche bag their PO is. They are hindered by an apathetic and uncaring public who take a perverse joy in making their jobs harder.

I'm not saying that your son is lying. I'm saying make sure one way or the other before you act. I won't deny that there are Correctional employees who are, at best, apathetic about the performance of their duties but make sure that is what you are actually dealing with before you take the word of an addict, your child or not, over the word of a, hopefully, law abiding and legitimate public servant.