I just want to go home, Toto...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by gcvmom, Jul 2, 2008.

  1. gcvmom

    gcvmom Here we go again!

    Looooooong story, but we are stuck in Honolulu airport since 1:30pm local time because our connecting flight was cancelled due to mechanical issues. Then we rebooked a flight to LA via SF that was to leave at 10pm (soonest they could do), but then the connecting flight was cancelled and we were secretly rebooked on a 9pm LA direct flight, which we missed because no one told us we'd been rebooked. So now we are scheduled on a 10:30pm LA direct flight which os now delayed 3 hours. So if all goes well (HA) we will finally leave Honolulu at 1:30am (local time). Only a 12 hour layover with three different delays. Not too bad, huh?
  2. flutterbee

    flutterbee Guest

    Ugh! Double Ugh!

    Secretly rebooked??? What's up with that??? I'd be getting some free roundtrip tickets to wherever your little heart desires.

    Glad to have you back, though! Bet you can't wait to get home.

    by the way, what did you bring me? *whistles innocently*
  3. hearts and roses

    hearts and roses Mind Reader

    Ew, that really blows. I bet you can't wait to rest your head on your own pillow in your own home...here's hoping you arrive safely if not on time. :redface:
  4. Big Bad Kitty

    Big Bad Kitty lolcat

    You SURE you are in Honolulu and NOT in Chicago at O'Hare?
  5. Hound dog

    Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

    You can look at the bright side............

    Your stuck in Hawaii. And you have your computer/laptop so you can still talk with us.

    I wonder what I'd have to pay to get a deal like that.:916blusher: :rofl:

    I hope you get home soon.

  6. TerryJ2

    TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

    Well, I hope the rest of the trip was so good you'll only remember the good parts.
    After you get a LOT of sleep.
  7. gcvmom

    gcvmom Here we go again!

    So our flight finally left at 2AM (versus the originally scheduled 3:25pm, then 10:00pm, then 9:00pm, then 10:35pm) and we landed in LA at 10am local time (13 hours late). I'm still running on the coffee and breakfast from Denny's that we hit on the way home ;)

    There was a bomb scare at LAX just as I was pulling up with the van to have husband and the kids and luggage pile in (I saw the police cars pull up just 25 yards behind me), so we got out of there just in time!

    My mind is still in a fog, so I've basically just sorted the mail and asessed the damage while we were gone (dead monitor lizard, broken fruit tree limbs (forgot to thin them before we left, thirsty plants, etc.)

    I'll post more about our "adventures" over the past two weeks once I get my head back on :D

    It was a good trip, but lots of drama -- too much in my opinion. difficult child issues, husband issues, in-law issues. I'm not going to dwell on the crummy stuff for long, though, cuz there was lots of fantastic stuff to balance it out.

    Just good to be back!
  8. mom_in_training

    mom_in_training New Member

  9. meowbunny

    meowbunny New Member

    Welcome home! Sorry the ending was so awful. If typical, most of the stuff in between will become a family joke a few years down the line -- no matter how awful it was. Glad there were a lot of good times. Can't wait to hear about them.