I Just Wanted to Let You All Know

Kris's Daughter

Hello...
This is Kris's daughter Sarah. I know she hasn't posted on here in a long time, but I just have some information to give you all.

She has been sick for a very long time. About a year ago she took a turn for the worse and was put on Dialysis. Eight months ago (give or take) she was put into an assisted living facility for rehabilitation of her muscles that had weakened from the hospital visits. She had been getting steadily better until a week ago she suffered from a stroke. She was in the Intensive Care Unit and showed very little improvement before she lost ground again.

On Thursday, September 19, 2008 at around 5pm Eastern Standard Time she passed away.

We as a family are holding a very small, private memorial.

I just felt that you should all be made aware of her passing.

tiredmommy

Thank you for letting us know. I'm very sorry for your loss and the pain you must be experiencing. Many of our members "watched" you and your brother grow up over the years. Kris has been a very important part of cd.com for many years. She is loved by many and will be sorely missed.

BusynMember

I'm so sorry. You have my prayers. She used to post also on a soap board with me, and I wondered if she was ok. Thanks for telling us.

meowbunny

Sarah, thank you for taking the time to let us know. While I didn't know Kris well, she was a gracious lady. It seems you are following in her footsteps. I know she will be missed by you and your family tremendously, as she has been missed here. My deepest sympathy.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am so sorry for the loss of your mother Sarah. She was a wonderful and special person..

Cyber hugs being sent your way - thanks for letting us know..

Marcie

susiestar

Roll With It
Sarah,

Thank you for letting us know. Your mom was a very special lady. She is missed very much, and we hold a very special place in our hearts for her. Is there a charity that donations can be made to in her name? I would only use "Kris" to keep your family privacy, but would like to do something.

Kris had a special way of cutting through all the smokescreens to the real heart of the matter. When my son was in the psychiatric hospital she was a real rock for me. She helped me find the courage to push for the types of help he truly needed (and helped me find out what those were.) Please know that she will be greatly missed by me, and that I will keep all of you in my prayers. Thank you for thinking of us through your grief, it truly is appreciated.

Susie

Kris's Daughter

Susie,
We are asking that any donations to be made in her name go to the American Diabetes Association. All of her complications did stem from her diabetes and we really want to help the ADA in researching this horrible disease so that it can be non-existent in the future.

I would like to thank all of you for your kind words and thoughts. It's going to be rough time for everyone, but I'm going to be strong and stand tall just as she taught me to do.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your mom was a very special lady who offered great support to me at difficult times. She will be deeply missed.

LittleDudesMom

Sarah,

your strength during this difficult time is a true testiment to your mother! She was a caring and involved woman and she would be very proud of you.

Love, thoughts and prayers to your family during this difficult time. Thank you for coming and letting us know about your mom. She was a big part of this board for may years. She will be missed.

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sarah,

My condolences to you & your family. Your mother was a strong woman - she gave to this board time & again. Her spirit will be missed.

As LDM said, you & Jarrod are a testament to your mother. Your strength says it all.

Take care of yourselves ~ be gentle to yourselves at this time of sadness.

busywend

Sarah, I am very sorry for your loss. I met your mother once after her first surgery. She was a great lady!
I know you and your brother will miss her terribly. I am glad to see her strength inside of you.

HUGS!

slsh

member since 1999
Sarah,

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. Kris was a remarkable lady. She was strong, and she loved you and Jarrod pretty fiercely. She was a great advocate for you guys. And she was so proud of the people you and your brother had become.

Please know that she touched so many folks' lives and hearts. I'm just so sad to hear she is gone.

Your family is in my thoughts.

nvts

Sarah! I'm so sorry to hear this. You truly have a talented and strong Guardian Angel riding on your shoulder!

I pray that your memories will bring you peace and comfort!

Beth

Nancy

Sarah,

It's hard for me to find the words to tell you how much your Mom meant to me. She was my rock and my support in some of my darkest hours. I too watched you and Jarrod grow up on this board and your Mom was so very proud of both of you. She talked endlessly about your school, activities, jobs, friends, all your accomplishments. She wanted more than anything else in this world to know that she taught you everything she could for you to be happy and successful in whatever you chose to do. She has done that Sarah because both you and Jarrod are examples of the character and moral values that were part of your Mom's everyday life. Her integrity, honesty, and loyalty were just part of her, it was who she was and why she was so important to so many of us.

I am so saddened by your Mom's passing. I have truly lost a dear dear friend and my heart is broken. Be strong and continue doing what made your Mom so proud. I would like to know from time to time how you and Jarrod are doing. Know that you will always have a special place in my heart.

Hugs,
Nancy

Steely

I just wanted you to know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for your tremendous loss.

You said the one thing that will help you get through all of this:
to be strong and stand tall just as she taught me to do
Living as you know she would want you to, will be your rock in all of this.

So many hugs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sarah,

My thoughts are with you and your family today. Your Mom was a remarkable woman. She had the right mix of humor and sharpness of tongue to let you know she cared about people.

I enjoyed over the years her telling us about your dancing and how much she loved you and your brother, and how proud she was of you both.

Her presence on the board made this a nicer soft place to land. Please know she will be missed.

-Star

Stella Johnson

I knew she was having problems but I had no idea it was so bad. I'm so sorry, honey. Your mom was a wonderful lady and we will all miss her.

I used to talk to her on IM all the time up until the last couple of years. She used to talk about how proud she was of you academically and your dance accomplishments.

She was so proud of Jarod. He grew up to be a great young man. I helped him get his first job. She used to tell me all about the store gossip where he worked.

Kris helped me stay grounded and not get lost in grief and kept me from wallowing in my own misery when my difficult child was at her worst. I loved her quick wit.

I hope you and your brother honor her by doing well in life. She wanted so much for you guys. She was a very special lady. I still can't believe she is gone. :sad-very:

Hugs and Love to you and your family.

Steph

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sarah, my condolences to you and Jarrod. Her love for the two of you was immense. She showed her pride in each one of your accomplishments. I'm sorry that the two of you have lost your warrior mom but she taught you well. Many hugs.