I just wrote the most unconventional cover letter ever! LOL

mstang67chic

Going Green
I applied for an open position at a local kennel and wrote what is probably the most unconventional cover letter in the history of cover letters.

:rofl:

Here it is:

In response to your ad, I am submitting my resume and information for your consideration. As you will see, my work history does not reflect my experience with animals so I will go over it here.

Our family currently includes Cloe, a 7 year old Pit/Chow/Shar-pei mix, Chester, an approximately 2 year old JackRat, CC, a "mature" feline and an as yet unnamed momma cat and her 5 newborns. (If I name her I'll keep her and we're at our limit at the moment). As a child, I don't really remember many times when we didn't have some sort of animal or three around and my husband and I have had pets since before we were married almost 15 years ago. Animals in our household aren't just pets, they are family members who get excited when Mommy or Daddy gets home or one of their various Aunts and Uncles come to visit.

I am also a member of a few different groups online and as a result, Cloe and Chester have pen pals with whom they correspond regularly. Not only do they send letters and emails, but they also exchange gifts as well.

While this type of information is not normally what I include in my cover letters, it is the type of thing I believe you need to know about me. A position in a kennel is not just a job as you are dealing with people's family members and not simply computers and files. As such, I can and will provide you with the "typical" employment references as well as more unconventional if you wish. By unconventional I mean friends/family who can tell you about how I treat my animals, how my house seems to be on the stray underground network and how I visit my "grandpup" across the street.

Because of my love of all things furry, I believe that I would be a valuable member of the LKC team and look forward to speaking with you further.

M

Mamaof5

That is so cool! Fingers are crossed for you that you get the job, you sound like you would fit the job very nicely! Good Luck!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stang I'd hire you in a heartbeat.

Love this part :
how my house seems to be on the stray underground network
:rofl :rofl:

Mine too. Minnie is bringing home friends, new cats/kittens I've never seen. :tongue:

susiestar

Roll With It
This is exactly the kind of cover letter that stands out in the crowd! Letters like this will mean you are not job hunting for long!!! Awesome job!!

klmno

I Love it! That would be a great job I bet. If they ask for references, remember to provide your vet as one.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I love it!!!!!

I wish I could write cover letters. I tend to get writer's block, though... And nothing anywhere NEAR this good! Not EVER!

trinityroyal

'Stang, I used to work for a Recruiter many years ago. If I were hiring for a kennel and that cover letter came across my desk, you'd be snapped up.
Fingers crossed for you.

Trinity

mstang67chic

Going Green
Awww.....thanks guys! We'll see what happens. It's only part time and the pay ranges from OMG NO to acceptable. At this point though, it's better than what I'm currently making which is nothing.

'Stang, I used to work for a Recruiter many years ago. If I were hiring for a kennel and that cover letter came across my desk, you'd be snapped up.
Fingers crossed for you.

Trinity

Do you have any contacts in the States??? :bigsmile:

KTMom91

Buddy says your letter sounds good. The panther boys are currently watching the Bird Channel (aka the feeder on the front porch, through the screen door) and can't be disturbed.