I kicked out my son

flutterby

Fly away!
I've had it with the entitlement and the lack of respect. I'm tired of having the same argument over and over and over again. I've become very resentful. I'm too sick to put up with it.

Tonight was the final straw. He thinks he's my equal and not my child. I really lost my temper, too.

I told easy child they have to go. They are going to my mom's. I told them they could go tonight, but they are making no moves to leave. I want him out.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sorry Heather.........but seriously, you don't need the attitude. And he needs to learn respect.

Hope they move fast, you definitely need a break!.

Hugs

Wiped Out

Staff member
Heather,
I'm sorry you are dealing with this-hoping they left and things are more peaceful. Hugs.

LittleDudesMom

Heather,

I think you did the right thing. I know there were times when they helped you out, but I think this is really for the best. Less stress, less drama....

Hugs,
Sharon

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Heather, are they gone yet?

FWIW - you did the right thing. They need to make it on their own.

M

ML

I too think it's the right thing but also the hardest... at least for now.. . once they are gone you will wonder why you waited so long! Hugs xoox ML

DammitJanet

Heather, this will sound idiotic coming from me but I think you are doing the right thing. When the little one starts getting too big for its britches in all animal groups except humans, they kick them out of the pack or nest. They have to start learning to make their own way in life. I think its time for your son to do the same. He thinks he is old enough to have a DF, work and boss you around. Its time for him to be on his own. Once he learns the lessons of adulthood, I think you will see a different young man.

Hugs.

nvts

Now I know you think I'm nuts, but I've got to tell you - you've been a great mom to that boy forever. And you are doing what's not only right for you, but mostly for him!

Once again, you've proven to the world that you're the Ultimate Mom!

Beth

flutterby

Fly away!
In keeping with the drama that is my life, they are staying. I don't think he believed me, and when he did, he really didn't like the idea of commuting 45 minutes for a minimum wage job. Even further for his DF's school.

For now at least, we've made peace and seem to have an understanding. The last time it lasted a week. We'll see how long it lasts this time. But, like I said, he didn't believe me. Once he realized I was serious, he quickly changed his tune.

I told him that I am too sick to live with this stress. Next time, he's out and that's that.

I think I've said that before, but this time I really mean it. :tongue: No, really. I do. I can't - and I won't - keep doing this.

I want off this merry go round. I probably shouldn't make decisions when I've been on narcotics for so long every 4-6 hours.

TerryJ2

I just realized, you had that absess. No wonder you lost it!
Once you've healed, sit down and make a list of things your son needs to do and say (or not say) or he goes. That way, it will not be done in the heat of the moment.
Whew.