I know it's Darwinism, but still

Sam3

My dogs just got another cat that came into the fenced back yard.

Last time it was the neighbors' to the north. I don't know this one. My husband said its black, and I saw one in the front of the house yesterday.

Good Lord. My dogs took someone's pet two weeks before Christmas. I know it's what they do, but still, sad.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
My dogs just got another cat that came into the fenced back yard.

Last time it was the neighbors' to the north. I don't know this one. My husband said its black, and I saw one in the front of the house yesterday.

Good Lord. My dogs took someone's pet two weeks before Christmas. I know it's what they do, but still, sad.
Oh dear you fence your dog; it was not like he was running randomly through the hood picking off neighbourhood pets. So sorry for the act of instinct. Can’t punish the dog it’s in his nature.

Copabanana

oh. that makes me so sad, too.

after a lifetime of letting cats go "free range" we keep stella inside where she dominates everybody. she will sneak out but only for a few minutes. even that scares m. we live near agriculture. there are lots of birds of prey. reading this i will be more vigilant. i am sorry, sam.

Sam3

Cats and their independence! I’ve had them too.

You would think they would smell dogs and keep away.

Feel so sad

BusynMember

I read that the life expentcency of a cat who stays indoors can be 21. An outdoor cat's life expentency is three.

Our cats are now indoor only. It isn't a dogs fault for doing what his instincts tell him to do. I feel it is on the owner. And, yes, I had outdoor/indoor cats too, but would not do that anymore. They did not do as well as my indoor cats and a few sadly just never came home! :(

Not on you or your dogs, Sam!