I lost my favorite and "best" necklace.I am so sick over it. (warning, whine ahead)

S

Signorina

I know it's seemingly inconsequential in light of ALL of our troubles - but if anyone has some juju to spare or a magic "finder" chant or a prayer to St. Anthony, or whatever - I would greatly appreciate it.

I've worn it nearly constantly for 16 years. H gave it to me when I found out I was pregnant with pc15. And now it's just gone. (difficult child has not been home, so no worries about him filching it. And we don't have pets, and no one has been in the house but our family) I've emptied my drawers twice, emptied my closet, sorted thru every vacuum bag, garbage can, coat pocket, purse and car. I've turned my entire house upside down. I've called every place I've been in the past week. I can't even remember when I had it last. I think I wore it on Saturday and took it off to wear a silver necklace instead. But I don't know. I can't remember.

It has 3 stones to represent our 3 boys and I can't help but feel this is a bad omen. I know it's crazy talk but it's been a sucky year and this was a gift from a much happier (and prosperous) time in our lives. Seems like nothing is going right and nothing has gone right for a long time. Between my fight with my mom & the estrangement with my son - Mother's day is not something I am looking forward to. My nose still hurts and it's healing UGLY and out of whack. My clothes are tight, money's tight, my work life is in a upheaval, H & I had our huge biannual fight over the weekend, my laptop died, I've had my period for 28 days straight and now my beloved necklace has vanished.

So - if anyone has any magic to spare - I could use a little luck right now.

Thanks.

keista

Have you asked husband if he saw it? *Maybe* he took it to get it reset or match it to another piece of jewelery?

S

Signorina

Yep, and no luck. No new jewelry and my guess is he won't be too thrilled with me when he finds out it's GONE.

Star*

call 911........call 911
PRAYER FOR FINDING LOST NECKLACES - for Sig by Star

I have a little necklace I wear around my neck
I need my goodluck back Lord cause my life has gone to heck.

My clothes are fitting tigher, and my laptop went and crashed
I had an argument with my Mom, and now my nose is out of whack

The spouse is on the warpath, I was digging in the can
I need some luck St. Anthony and a smiley happy man

Moneys small, work is tough; its such a giant upheave
My aunt Flo came a month ago and I wish that she'd just leave

Just three little stones, mean so much to me, like each one of my boys
For every child each day of their life has blessed me with so much joy.

I don't ask for much you know, this loss is very tragic
To find my beloved necklace here and now - will give me back my magic.

We ask to find the little thing that brings a smile to her face
And return that thing that makes her happy to it's rightful place.

HUGS & love
Star

ps I think my feeling is that it's under something -like it got toe kicked under your dresser or something -----It's in the house. I feel that. When you vacuum in the room? Put a nylon stocking over the end of your hose and rubber band it - then use the hose to see if you can suction it out from under wherever it may be ------

susiestar

Roll With It
Check the edges of the area rugs, just underneath. Also check the areas under any long drapes. I have the same feeling Star has, that it is n the room and will show up.

Please call your doctor about the period. You at least need to be checked for anemia. usually the doctor will wait a little on the bill, esp in a case like yours. this is serious bleeding. My mom ignored this type of bleeding and almost died. She bled internally each period and it kept getting worse and worse. She almost hemorrhaged out on the operating table and it could
all have been prevented if she had gone to the doctor and gotten the hysterectomy when she was told it was urgent, not 2 mos later when she had a few days off of work.

Please don't let pride steal you from your husband and children. I know that your husband would prefer to lose every piece of jewelry than to lose you. imagine how it would devastate the boys. Got get this checked out and taken care of. Please.

Tiapet

Old Hand
I know you said you looked everywhere but trust me on this one, think stupid, no really! Think stupid, in stupid places and that is where you will find it, no kidding! This trick has worked time and time again in my house. I have a house full of people who loose things all the time, partly because they will put something somewhere and forget where they put it (memory issues, hiding things from someone, etc). I always tell them think stupid and you will find it and sure enough as soon as they do, they find it.

Think about places you couldn't possibly have lost it, put it, knocked it, etc. Like behind something, edging of carpet, under a carpet (throw rug). I don't know your house like I know mine. I think you will find it and I do think in the next 24 hours! ;)

Malika

Could it be in or around your bed? I've lost necklaces that way, that have actually broken and got tangled in bedsheets or fallen to the floor. Also look around your bathroom, especially around the sink (where you may have changed it) very carefully! Do hope you find it soon.

SuZir

My best guess: It is right where you put it. You just put it somewhere you shouldn't have. Had it in your hand, got distracted, didn't think, kind of thought it was something else and put it to there you would have put that something else. Think fridge, place you keep scissors, place you put your scarf or whatever. Check especially the places you keep small stuff or stuff you would hang. It is very easy to misplace something when your thought process is cut middle of putting that something away or when your thoughts distract to some other topic.

InsaneCdn

I've found stuff 2 years later... fell under the bed, behind the headboard, behind the dresser, into a shoe, etc. It will be exactly in a place that you would "never" think to look... because you may not have even "put" it there. Know what I mean??

DammitJanet

Oh yeah...good poem Star!

I am famous for putting the milk in the pantry and the cereal in the fridge so check the freezer.

S

Signorina

You guys gave me a smile. I will continue to hope that it shows up-I am officially out of places to look :-(

Star-your poem made my day. I printed it out and I have read it aloud a few times...it really brightened my day!

As for Aunt Flo - of course I was in for my yearly just 6 weeks ago and everything was fine under the hood so I am not too concerned. Murphy's law is loving me lately. I have had this happen twice before - 5 years ago when my dad was having his aortic valve replacement surgery and I was at Mayo with him and then 2 years ago when difficult child was assaulted and nearly lost his vision and I went to take care of him. Of course, this 28 day (and counting) delight corresponds with my own broken nose, head trauma & the angst with my mom while I was out of town. So, maybe it's a stress/out of town thing. I did call the dr and we are "waiting and seeing" and. . ."Not unusual in the perimenopause years." (wouldn't that be my luck-most women have their periods END with menopause, and mine will just be eternal LOL) :censored2: In the past, it ended on day 35- so I am crossing my fingers.

I love you guys, I even smiled as I typed. THANKS SO MUCH

TerryJ2

Great find, Star. LOL, Tiapet!

I agree, edges of rugs, inside your bra (even if you're not wearing it), inside a drawer inside of something else (like a sock ... you know how two pieces of paper stick together and you find them a month later? Like that.)

In fact, I often quit looking for things when this happens. A week or two later, I find it when I'm looking for something else I lost! Works every time.

Best of luck. I know the feeling.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm with the think stupid theory, usually that's how I find stuff. Not that I put things in stupid places..................although Like Janet I have put milk into the pantry and cereal into the frig and many other things.............but they tend to drop in strange places or get nudged or pushed into odd crevices ect.

Did you look in your cars? Down in the seat crack? Under the seat, the side of the seat?

I had one drop into a drawer once when I was changing my mind about a top I wanted to wear.........took me weeks to find it. ugh

Sending positive vibes and saying a prayer you find your special treasure.

Hugs

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Wow, you have so much going on! I am sending good thoughts for finding your necklace. I once went to the bank, took some cash out and when I got home, half of it was gone. I reported it to the bank thinking they didn't give me the correct amount. Two days later I found all the cash in my shoe in the closet!! What?? How did that even happen? So, look in your shoes!! Also, look in newly folded laundry too! Stuff drops into sheets and socks while folding....... Hugs to you...............

witzend

When we were in Hawaii last October I lost my Miraculous Medal necklace that I had begun to wear at a point in my life when I was beginning to stand on my own two feet and find time for myself. It was always there. I would take it off to wear other jewelry sometimes, but it was there day-to-day. I remembered taking it off to wear something else, and "putting it somewhere safe". Like the safe? I don't know - I know that husband is hyper-sensitive about leaving things in hotel rooms and that he checked that safe. I couldn't imagine that I had left it out on a dresser or counter. It seemed as though I put it in a pocket of a purse or overnight bag. Something that I would carry with me and no one would be able to get into.

I checked purse pockets like clockwork for months. We went on a vacation to Mexico in December - nada. husband went to Charlotte and I went with the first time - no go. I went to Charlotte after the house sold and there we were in the hotel for another 3 weeks. I had so many receipts in my wallet for moving expenses and I decided that before we left the hotel room I needed to clear that up and set it all aside. There inside the zippered change compartment of my wallet was my Miraculous Medal and chain.

Don't give up hope. Do a detailing on your car. Check chair and sofa cushions. Check all of your pockets in all of your coats and clothes that you haven't worn for a while. Think about that last time you saw it around your neck and where you were going. They don't just disappear into thin air, it's around, somewhere.

buddy

Oh no, that made me squish my face all up just reading it... a forever cycle instead of menopause? Wouldn't that be awful??? I hope it ends soon, that happened to my mom too. In the end she had other issues so had a hysterectomy but she did have routine cycles that lasted all month, what a pain.

She always prays and then finds things so we said one to St. Anthony for you too. It is so disappointing when something that sentimental disappears. I lost the ring my grandma bought me when young, she bought each of us a birthstone ring on our tenth birthday. Then my dad bought me a good watch (well it was good for our standard, from a jewelry store etc.) and that disappeared too. Neither were super valuable but they meant so much to me. It is a sickening feeling.

Did you check the washing machine? twisted under the agitator? just in case it got stuck in clothes.

A teacher in high school had a HUGE diamond ring, very wealthy family and it was her engagement ring so meant so much to her. The ring got caught on something and the diamond came out. Many of us helped search for so long. She was just so upset. Days later she was getting the laundry ready and as she unrolled the sleeves of the shirt she wore, it fell out. Just a miracle, and since they are Jewish I dont think she prayed to St. Anthony, lol.

I hope that happens for you, when you stop looking, it just pops up somewhere.

HUGS, Dee

lmf64

do you have a hide a bed sofa? years ago I lost a ring and was very upset about it. We had spent that day constructing a playset at Head Start and had shoveled 10 tons of pea rock for under it. I was sure I had lost it while working there. I had a guy come with a metal detector, but no luck. I was heartbroken as it was a very special ring. A week or so later I was sitting on the sofa and looked down, there was my ring right between the frame and mattress

DDD

Did you look in the pockets of your clothes and shoe containers from that day/night? I did "lose" a ring temporarily by dropping it in the pocket of the first outfit when changing to the next. Fingers crossed. DDD