Arrrggghhhhhhhhh. Sophie. Yes, it's all about Sophie again. You may recall that her liver enzymes were elevated last month when she had her physical and then the vet rechecked after having her on some support medications for a month. Still elevated. Then the vet asked us to allow them to biopsy her liver to see if she has liver imflamatory disease or something. H and I have opted out and we've decided to recheck her in 3 months. My other two dogs have had their annuals postponed twice because of the costs associated with Sophies recent care! The other problem is that we can't have Sophie licensed in our town until she either gets the rabies vaccine or she has a titre for it and then our vet would have to make a request to have her rabies vaccine waivered. So that means another *(&**%&^$%$ visit to the ^*%&$&^$&^^* vet which means another *^%^%#^%$ BILL!!!! OMG. I know the vet is disappointed that we're not going ahead with his plan of action. Like I said in my much earlier post, he should work for the Mayo Clinic for animals!! It totally hoovers that I don't have the resources to medicate and dissect poor Sophie to save her life, although she's had more than 9 happy thrilling years with us. And it also stinks that I feel like a real heel finding a new vet who doesn't cost and arm and a leg just for a freakin annual check up ($348!!!! for ONE dog). I am feeling every bit of my over tired crankiness pre-PMSness at this moment. I just want to go home and love Sophie up. Nala needs her check up too and I can't afford it for another month. Bites.