I love how...

Bean

I just have to say, I love how my daughter is CONSTANTLY letting me know how grown she is and how she is such an adult, but in the same breath will be asking for rides to her friend's house, bus money, food, laundry money... :groan:

Sometimes I just hafta laugh.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yup. All grown up, but can I have some money, can you take me to ... wherever, can I can you can I can you???

KTMom91

Along with the mantra NMP (Not My Problem), during the excessive request phase, I sang a little Janet Jackson..."What have you done for me lately? Cha cha, la la, oh, yeah...what have you done for me lately?" And make sure you dance.

Miss KT hated it.

H

HaoZi

At least she asks for laundry money instead of asking (or demanding) for you to do her laundry.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmm.

When mine did this................My response was.........

I want a new car.

I want my hair done.

I want to win a million bucks.

Guess what? Not happening for me........and it's not happening for you either. lol

Yeah, they hated that.

Want a ride to friends? You have legs.

Bus money. Legs again.

Laundry money. Wanna clean my house? lol

Travis takes out the trash, feeds the animals (yes we make sure he does actually feed them), and various other odd jobs so we'll buy him a pack of cigarettes each day.

susiestar

Roll With It
LOL on the singing to Miss KT. I used to tell my kids it was "NOT going to happen. Know why?" Then I would sing part of that old disco song that goes "I've got the power". Not sure of anny other words, but I know the tune. THen I would ask if they knew WHY I had the power? The answer was sung to the tune of the song from "Earth Girls are Easy" that says "Cause I'm a Blonde" only I used "Cause I'm the Mom"

Wiz esp hated it because I am a terrible singer and he hears in perfect pitch. he knew if he gave me a hard time I would SING a reply and it worked enough of the time that I used it often!!