I love it when K is Hallucinating

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am thinking to myself...
She is having stress induced hallucinations.
We are leaving for Chicago on Tuesday and the trip has triggered extra cycling and hallucinations!
Oh joy the faeries are back, even the mean ones... They have jibberish names.

We do our usual walk on eggshells and help her through it. Fill her day with little tasks to keep her racing mind filled and from becoming unglued.

The mean dark one is not so fun. He scared N, only because K was telling her she could see him behind her head.

All in all K handles it pretty well. I have her building me a lego horse right now.
Yes, psychiatrist is on high alert. therapist is too new to really be involved long distance, she would but I am going to just use psychiatrist.

Poor kid. She'll be OK by Thursday.

totoro

Thanks TM and Terry
It is one of those things, do you laugh at the absurdity of it all or cry? It is strange how you just get so used to to this.
I went into husband's office when it started and told him, it is like saying one of your kids has a stomach ache, "OK let's watch her, make sure she is OK, e-mail psychiatrist"

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry she is so stressed. It truly is amazing the way you and husband work together to help her through all of this.

We can become accustomed to many many things. K and N won the parent lottery because you and husband have the strength and courage to work with them through times like this. To be totally honest I am not at all sure I could have handled this. Certainly not with-o reacting so strongly I made it terrifying to the kids.

Gentle hugs and lots of extra strength to help you through.

totoro

Well we got her through the night and now she is just like a spinning top, whirling dervish....
I don't want to zonk her out, you know? Such a hard call, it is not even 9 am here. I just want to get through a cup of coffee. :)

We stretched and danced last night. We have been giving K a present here and there, here Birthday is Thursday and we are not taking any of her presents with us.
So I gave her a really cool book with a t-rex inside of it and each page when you turn it removes part of the body until you are down to the internal organs and then the skeleton!
I found it at a used book store It is so cool!

I think she is better as far as her head? Sometimes she just stops talking about what she is seeing and hearing when it isn't really bad.

Thanks for all of your support.

You know what is funny? When I read what you guy's go through I think how do they handle those situations? I could never do that, or I would have lost it!
I think we all adapt to our situations out of need, mostly our children's needs. I suppose.

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Toto

(((hugs)))

Yeah, I think as parents we become experts of adaptation to the needs of our kids. And I also happen to think laughter can be the best medicine. K knows you take her seriously, yet when you can joke around and go on with life........it shows her it's not the end of the world as well. And I'm sure that's got to be a huge help in her ability to cope as well.

Hope she begins to stable out soon.

Hugs

graceupongrace

Totoro,

Sending you big (((Hugs!))) -- oh, and a cup of very strong coffee to compensate for your lack of sleep.

The hallucinations sound so frightening to me, but I agree: We find the strength we need to get through seemingly impossible situations. Raising a difficult child (of any variety) is definitely not for the faint of heart!

Hope the trip goes well. :D