I love our psychiatrist!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
K is running pretty manic right now! YEAH...:surprise:
It is that time of year she runs a bit higher than usual.
Anywhooo, first off K usually hides in psychiatrist's office or refuses to talk. It takes a bit to get her to open up. She will also sit behind her chair and mumble.
Last apt. K really started chatting... about her hallucinations etc.

So today K could in no way hide her mania. She has been riding high for the past 2 weeks.
psychiatrist asked K how she was doing? K went off on story after story climbing over furniture... in psychiatrist's face. psychiatrist looks at me and has that amused look. (only because K is pretty funny at this point)
I said this is how our afternoons are almost everyday.
K talks for a few more minutes and then psychiatrist says why don't you go into the other room for a minute with N.
Within a minute- yelling- N comes running back in. Just too much.

psychiatrist says "I have another patient walking in right now who runs as manic as K!" "This should be good."

As we are finishing up our talk about 15 minutes, all we can hear are the girls, K and the other patient, talking NON-STOP to each other! LOL
husband leaves while I finish up and get the script, psychiatrist and I will chat a few minutes about her son who is BiPolar (BP) as well.
Then we walk out, the girls are racing to get a word in edge wise but happy as can be! :D
psychiatrist smiles at me and winks.
I think she wanted me to see that there are other little girls like K.
I had made a comment earlier that I thought if K could meet someone that could keep up with her she would actually have a friend...

it just felt good for once to see K with another little girl. Most look at her like she is just way too much or she just overwhelms them. Even if it was only for 15 minutes...

crazymama30

How great. She does sound like a good psychiatrist. Our psychiatrist has looked at difficult child with that amused look also. One time (he was kidding) difficult child was off the wall, pressured speech that would not quit, interupting, would not stop moving and psychiatrist said "duck tape?" I said "Can I???" and He vehemently said "NO!!!"

Love those moments.

I am glad she gets K, and glad she does not take herself too seriously. I am so glad you finally found a good psychiatrist.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We've had those looks from our psychiatrist, too. :D

I hope you got the other girl's number! Wouldn't that be a hoot of a playdate?!