I love watching the kids learn and accomplish new things.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wee had his riding lesson tonight, followed by swimming.

Cultured difficult child could use some riding pointers, also, so I asked if she wanted to go take a lesson, also. Of course, she was all about that.

They had an AWESOME lesson. Cultured difficult child worked really hard to accept and remember everything the instructor was telling her. She worked on her posture and seating, her shoulders and hands, and she learned to pick up the appropriate lead when she canters.

Wee, who has been too afraid to canter thus far, took a little bribe from mom and stepped it up tonight. The instructor caught what I was doing and pulled the other kids to the middle, and Wee cantered two laps around the arena. Little rat has always been able to ride...now HE knows it, too!

At swimming lessons, he learned to swim under water and to open his eyes under water.

I just LOVE watching them learn and grasp new things...its just so cool...

Anyway, I just wanted to brag or whatever boast or whatever it is I'm doing.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Cultured difficult child worked really hard to accept and remember everything the instructor was telling her.

After a lot of what I've seen here... C-difficult child is basically a great kid who has some issues (don't we all though).

And you love her - a LOT! Comes right through in your posts - yes, she's exasperating... But when the sun goes down, I bet she feels that you care.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
AWESOME!! It is really FUN to see them learn and grow, isn't it?
It never gets old. I can remember the same feeling with the big boys, too.
After a lot of what I've seen here... C-difficult child is basically a great kid who has some issues (don't we all though).

And you love her - a LOT! Comes right through in your posts - yes, she's exasperating... But when the sun goes down, I bet she feels that you care.
You nailed it. Its why it bothers me so much that the things that are allowed to happen are allowed to happen. She's a good kid that needs help, and I often feel she's just getting flushed, instead. And there's not a blessed thing in the world I can do about it...