I may be a bit of a difficult child

Sheila

I remember the days when I hated mornings because getting difficult child ready for school was a nightmare. I hated nights because getting him to bed was just as much a nightmare. His behavior at any given time at any place could be humiliating.

Seems the shoe doesn't fit too well on the other foot.:D

husband has been out of town almost 2 weeks, so I've been doing all the chauffering.

1) Halloween night I dropped him off at a local event. I told him specifically that I'd pick him up at 10:00 pm sharp and it be best if I didn't have to go in and get him.

He wasn't at the door to meet me at 10:00 pm. Just as I was getting out of the car to go in and get him, here he came. I didn't say anything except, "you're late." He phoo phooed that comment.

When we got home, he screams out, "You wore that to come pick me up??? I would have died from embarrassment if you'd come in." I calmly told him that he'd best keep that in mind in the future.

See, I was in an old worn out gown and house shoes:grins: (praying the whole time the car wouldn't break down).

2) I made difficult child set his own clock and get me up to get him to school. He tried to make me get up 45 min early so he could get to school and visit with-his honey before school. Mom wouldn't get up until she got ready too.;)

3) husband arrves home. I nearly busted a gutt trying not to lol while listening to him tell husband his tales of woe. "Daddy, do you know how hard mom is to get up in the mornings!" "I'd go brush my teeth and check on her, and she'd gone back to sleep!" And, and, yadda, yadda....

4) Honey calls at 11:00 pm last night. I told her difficult child couldn't talk on the phone that late. I told difficult child he best tell girlfriend the rules or I would. He didn't. She called at 9:00 pm, so I told her no calls after 8:30 pm. difficult child is "dying from embarrassment."

Life is sweet:grins:. He's getting himself up for school in the mornings, he goes to bed at bedtime without prompting 99% of the time, he gets embarrassed (something that just didn't happen until the last couple of years).

And me? Guess I'm a bit of a difficult child. rofl

mom_to_3

Ha, ha! Go Mom! You're a smart woman for turning the tables on him. :) Now you've got him right where you want him since you showed him that you'll do just about anything, but........... on your terms!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Oh Sheila.....I rofl here. I've done the same run in the same nightgown & sweat shirt hoping the car doesn't break down. It's a bit worse as if I have to get out of the car I draw a bit more attention with my walker.

I can't believe you didn't jump to everyone of difficult children whims. What kind of mom are you???:rofl::witch:

I just the day before yesterday had to tell kt's "boyfriend" that there were no calls after 8:30 here & if he didn't learn that soon I'd have to block his number.

boyfriend had the audacity to ask me about kt's cell phone then ~ same rules; same result. "Well, can I text her then?" "boyfriend, have you tried texting kt?" "Yeah" "Did it work?" "No."

"Gee, boyfriend, you'd think kt would have told you by now, she doesn't have the texting priviledge on her phone." By this time I'm ready to talk to boyfriend's mom, especially when he said "how else will I get a hold of kt after 8:30 then?"

"Have you tried IM?" I asked. "That doesn't work either". (this boy is as dumb as a turkey:thanksgiving2:)

"Hmmmmm, wonder why?"

nvts

Oh Sheila! I'm DYING over here! I just ran in from running to the 24 hr. pharmacy - it's 40 degrees here and I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. I thought that I could go to the drive up window for my insulin but that doesn't open til 9:00. Without thinking, I hopped out of the car and ran into the store - I got a couple of weird looks from 2 guys, but then encountered 3 or 4 women in the same state of (un) dress looking for juice boxes, sandwich bags, etc.

:bag::rofl::shopping:

Good that you get to be the difficult child for a change!

Beth

Andy

:rofl: for Sheila and Timer and Nvts

I am wondering how you are suppose to dress on Halloween if not in your favorite comfy jammies?

I love the fact that it not only takes work to wake you up but that it is important enough to tell husband how hard it is.

And KT's boyfriend - atleast his is honest about his intentions. Sometimes the dumb ones are the easier ones to keep an eye out for, "So, how can I help KT in breaking that rule?"

Nvts - I have never put much importance in how people dress and do so less and less as I get older. I know I am the odd one out but for me cloths really have nothing to do with the person. The more comfy you are, the more real you are. Early morning moms of the world unite - preparing for the day is much more important than how we look at the moment!

busywend

Sheila, too funny!! He is getting a taste of a difficult child!

He does not know it is difficult child revenge!! LOL!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Love it, love it, love it.
Great idea about going back to sleep until you are ready to take him to school.
Embarassment is a great motivator. Does sound like you have turned the tables on him. Way To Go! He may be evolving into a easy child if he is getting himself up and going to bed on his own.

M

ML

You are a genius! Seriously, I could easily use the embarassment card here as motivation, so thank you for inspiring me.