I may not be answering much for a few days. Im sick.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, out of breath that quickly, I'm thinking pneumonia, not bronchitis. You really do need to go get checked before it gets any more serious. doctor can give you medications to help cough it up while toning down the bouts of coughing so you can rest more effectively. Better to get it treated and be sick about 10 days then to leave it untreated and sick for weeks.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

((hugs))

DammitJanet

The coughing shouldnt be this bad since I am on hydromorphone. That is what gets to me...though I do only take that once a day. I am gonna call my doctor this afternoon and make an appointment. I have to call them anyway to see if they got the call from the people who do the free incontinence supplies. Yeah that was just what I wanted to sign up for...lol. But hey, if medicare will pay for them for free I will take all they will send me! Its one of those clubs like the diabetes club...lol. They will send me depends and chubs. I hate getting old.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Getting older blows out the wazoo.

I have to renew my license this week and I'm stewing over whether or not I'll be able to pass the vision exam. (I see to drive just fine) I hate that stupid machine because I have to read with my bifocals or everything is too blurry to make it out, and it's hard to position your head right to be able to actually read it through the bifocals. ugh

Tiapet

Old Hand
Gee, did ya want some attention that bad enough that ya had to go and get sick again lady? LOL (just kidding!!!!) Gee thee to thy doctor pronto because you have MR. Murphy following you lately and you don't need his law coming down upon you wrecking more havoc in your life then you've already got going on now do ya?

Seriously, getting old sucks! Being in pain sucks! Being old, in pain AND sick, well.........get thy butt there and get fixed! ;)

DammitJanet

I went to the Dr. yesterday. I called on Tuesday after you guys prompted me with such loving care. More than I got at home. Yes I have pneumonia. The doctor has an xray machine in his office so he doesnt have to send a patient off unless it is for a major issue. A chest xray or simple break is done there. He wouldnt let me leave his office until I did 3 rounds of breathing treatments either because I was wheezing that badly. He also said we had to do something about cortisone. He understood the problems I had with it because of the bipolar but I needed a steroid in me to knock this inflammation out now. We discussed which I wanted to deal with, a shot or a course of pills. I took a shot. I figured I would rather deal with that at one time than a whole week of being on them. If I was on them for a week I would definitely go manic fast.

Im hoping I am so tired from this koi that I dont have the energy to go manic...lol.

They gave me a new supply of albuterol for the nebulizer, some antibiotics, and cough medicine that insurance wont cover. It is phenergan based. All it is is phenergan and the stuff in any normal cough and decongestant syrup but insurance wont cover it. Not insurance will cover phenergan pills. It just wont cover the cough syrup. Idiot. Im just gonna buy me a bottle of over the counter cough syrup and take a pill along with a dose of cough syrup. idiotic.

I have to take the nebulizer treatments every 4 hours round the clock for the first 3 days and then as needed after that.

Tony got home last night and I was laying down on the couch. I had not gotten home long before him because I had to go around to get my medications, some drinks and some stuff for dinner. I was exhausted. He comes in and I tried to tell him what the doctor said and he said well yeah, we knew that days ago....so what. I said, we the doctor confirmed it and he gave me medications and I got a steroid shot and blah blah. He started in on how he had a worse day than I had.

He said he hoped this was the last year he worked in construction and it was all my fault because I made him work Cory. Well...we heard no issues out of him about Cory until he hired Buck. I dont doubt that Cory is on edge there now because of Buck.

The night before I went to the doctor I asked Tony to help me take a shower because I was very weak and when I shut my eyes I started getting dizzy so I asked him to get into the shower with me. Well, I fixed the water temp and had it running but hadnt made it come out the shower head yet so I was waiting for him to get in the tub and I figured he would get in behind me and shut the shower curtain. He YELLS at me to take the handheld spigot thing out and hold it toward the tub and wait for him to get in. He starts cussing at me and says I am just like Buck at work who stands there with a stupid look on his face and cant get anything done unless someone is right there to tell him what to do every damn minute of the day! Now I dont think it was called for with me, but I thought that was an interesting comment about how Buck works.

Anyway...I am completely sure that Buck is causing Cory to go ape at work. Cory is much like me and if Buck is picking at him like he does me Cory is going to snap. That means Tony is going to get it badly.

Tony came home last night in an awful mood telling me he hoped he only had to work one more year in construction and that it was all my fault because I made him work MY son. Not our son, not his son...my son. Damn I didnt know I had a child without a father! Then I said to him well thats great that you want to change careers. I saw something on TV where you can take a class online for free to see if you think online school is for you and if you pass it transfers to whatever school you go to. He looked at me like I had lost my mind. He said why on earth would I want to go to school? Im 50! I said so what? Lots of people start over at that age. You could get your some college credits and then go teach construction to kids at a community college. You know your koi and who better to teach it? He just shook his head like I was stupid. He said if he doesnt work anymore he just wants to die. I said well I can arrange that too. I have plenty of stuff to do that. Just say the word. Dont mess with me.

Oh hell...he just gave me the perfect reason to have him baker acted! And I blew it.

If he says it again, I am calling someone asap.

I love that you answered, "That's great, you want to change careers." I don't understand why Tony's placing more value on Buck than his own son and wife!!!! Even after he sees Buck scumbagging him, stealing, not working, etc.....

I'm sorry Tony isn't acting very caring toward you. He probably gets so mad at Buck all day, and has to bite his tongue, so he takes this nonsense out on you. It's not fair. Tell him he just blew it, you were planning some romance there in the shower!

DammitJanet

He has been blowing it badly. I told him the other day that I wanted sex and it had been way too long. I took all the blame and said I was so sorry that I was so sick all the time and it hurt so much (blah blah blah). You know we just have to stroke the egos. Well he up and tells me that he didnt really much care if we had sex anymore! I sat up and said do what? While I fully admit I am nothing to look at, neither is he a male model. We both have our share of issues. He just blandly said he was getting too old to have much of an interest anymore. Lovely.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Buck is bringing him to his breaking point, I'm sorry to say. Oh, that's probably not all of it, he had plenty of stresses before Buck jumped into things........but Buck is making it over the top and Tony is finding it really hard to cope.

Try not to take the sex issue personally. It could be health reasons or it could be hormonal. Tony is at the right age for both.

I think you answered him perfectly with the new career thing. He may not have reacted well to it, but you've planted a seed. With time it might take root.

I hope the medications and plenty of rest kick this thing in the rear and you get over it quickly.

((hugs))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds as bad as when I had it in nursing school. I thought I'd never get over it and never be able to breathe without hacking up a lung ever again.

But then I still had to keep getting up and going to school and sitting in class all day, which I know didn't help matters at all because I wasn't getting near enough rest. So please, while being up is good because it will help you cough it up, if your tired SLEEP. You're body is working overtime trying to get rid of this, it's easier for it to do that with plenty of rest.

Hugs

rejectedmom

Janet I am sorry you are ill again. I am sending healing thoughts and prayers for improved health. I find Tony's comment on bucks work encouraging. Maybe it won't be long before he sends him packing for good. Stress is a great libido killer. Maybe things will improve when the stress is lowered. Take care of yourself. -RM