I need help being a warrior mom today

F

flutterbee

Long story short, Wynter went to the water park yesterday. It should have been a good time. easy child and girlfriend said they thought she had a good time. She came home in a bad mood, then fell asleep, then later spent hours sobbing and saying how nothing ever works for her, she got a bit of sunburn, she never has any fun, she always ends up being miserable and getting hurt (she also got her knees scraped on one of the water rides) and she's just not going to try anymore. It's just too hard and she just can't do it.

I'm trying to get her into therapy. Trying to find a place that accepts blue cross/blue shield (primary) and then medicaid (secondary) without a 6 month wait.

I'm at such a loss.

F

flutterbee

We have an intake appointment Wednesday. I don't know how long it will be from then until we get a therapist appointment.

B

butterflydreams

Sorry Wynter is having such a difficult time. Sounds like she is really depressed. I hope it won't take long to get a therapist appointment.

Hugs to you both!

Christy

M

ML

Poor Wynter. I'm sorry she's been having a hard time. I think you're doing the best thing for her getting her into therapy. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Hugs! ML

Andy

Hang in there Warrior Mom - You really are one even if it doesn't feel like it from time to time.

I am so glad you got an intake appointment. Hopefully it will be complete and they find what you need them to find.

F

flutterbee

The place I'm getting her into seems to be wonderful. They have tons of programs including group where they get kids with similar issues together to work on them and practice social skills, family therapy and partial hospitalization if needed. If the people I talked to on the phone are any indication, it's a really good place. The intake person also said their psychiatrist is wonderful...said she wasn't just saying that because he works there; that he really is wonderful.

So, I have hope. My health has been so horrible the last few weeks and struggling to maintain with my own depression brought on by the health issues (and I am maintaining...better some days than others, but hanging on) and I haven't been available for Wynter like I should have been or wish I could have been.

Girl,

I am praying with everything I've got that this new place will be beneficial to Wynter.

I'm keeping you, with your health issues, forefront in my prayers as well.

TerryJ2

I am so glad you are getting her into a good facility, but so sorry it is going to take so long.

It sounds like the water park may have overstimulated her. Is she old enough to take anything like Xanax or something that will take the edge off?
What about taking breaks the next time she's at a waterpark or someplace, sort of like a reality check--just stop someplace where it's relatively quiet--underneath the wateslide staircases it's pretty quiet and shady--and give her a hug and ask if she's feeling strong enough to continue. Then give her one thought to hold onto, like, "This time when I slide down, I'm going to look at how blue the sky is when I am on my back." Something simple and concrete that takes her out of herself, if you know what I mean.

Just some thoughts.

Steely

:sword:
Sending all my warrior strength your way.
Hang in there girl. This will get better!!!
Wynter sounds so depressed. I hope/pray that future therapist and psychiatrists will be quickly available, and ready to supply solutions.
Hugs,