I need some board knowledge, please

tiredmommy

How can I find out if someone that has been arrested and charged with a federal felony charge has been let out on bail? Any advice would be appreciated.

keista

Have you tried searching for a website for the prison they were in? If the information isn't there, you might find links there to the info. The court in which he was charged may also have info online.

DammitJanet

Hmmm...thats a tough one. Do you know where this person was or is supposedly locked up at? If so, you may be able to call the correctional facility and just ask if they have a prisoner named XXXXX there. I hate to tell you how many times when Cory has been late or missing from home that I have called the local jail before even thinking about the hospital...lol. I just ask if they have anyone by his name in there and no one asks me for my identity.

Now if the reason you are trying to find this out is because someone is the victim of this person, victims services should be able to get the info. supposedly all victims of violent crimes are supposed to warned by doctor when a perp is released but that doesnt always happen.

KTMom91

Does your state have a Megan's Law website? We have something called Banner Court Connect that has details of convictions, but I don't know if it's in every state.

donna723

If this person was arrested but has not yet gone to trial or been convicted, I would think that you could get that information through the court system that is handling the case. Whatever jail they were being held in could maybe tell you whether they were there or not but probably wouldn't have any details.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We have case net here online. You can also just call. It's public record. They used to publish arrests, charges, and bail in our papers.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It depends on where they are, but all of our local counties are connected through a website that will let you know via email, once you register.

jal

In CT you can go on the government website and choose the judicial branch, there you can look up pending criminal and motor vehicle cases. It gives the status on the persons bail, release, verdicts etc. It also tells you if they have not been released. I track the a** who buglarized our home. Luckily, he's been sitting in jail for awhile because he has a host of charges against him.