Our new 'lil guy is a 4 year old shorthaired orange tabby. He is a complete love muffin that we adopted from our local shelter. He was neutered on Tuesday and we brought him home Wednesday. He had a voracious appetite and finished his 1/2 cup of dry food within a minute or two. My husband heard some retching in the middle of the night (we have him in husband's office to keep isolated from our other kitty). He checked on him and found no vomit so it must have been dry heaves. He had a bowel movement between then and morning. It was rather large and slightly soft. He purrs non-stop but made a kind of gurgled cough while purring this morning. Then he sneezed a few times this afternoon. And the kicker: the poor boy had another large and slightly soft bowel movement but this time there was blood coating part of it. His history includes coming into the shelter with an URI and very bad flea infestation. Both were treated at the shelter and (per policy) he was given a general de-wormer. He was sheltered as of 10/13 and was deemed healthy for adoption as of 11/8. I have a "new patient" appointment with the vet on Tuesday but, per their instructions, I called the shelter this afternoon. I'm to bring in a stool sample tomorrow and we have an appointment for Monday. They think he must have another URI and a parasite that the general de-wormer didn't clear. They're very helpful, they said they will treat him for both for free and I can postpone the vet appointment (we need to temporarily disrupt the adoption and "foster" during treatment and have the adoption reinstated when he's better). But I worry. He doesn't seem terribly ill, he's definitely happy. But I worry. Any good thoughts for a speedy recovery are appreciated. Going North~ if you read this, would you think from what I've described that he has a good prognosis? I need some reassuring about my newest baby.