I need to vent, health issues, I just dont know what to do anymore

TerryJ2

Aw, Janet.
Bath, bubbles, yes.
And vacation next week!

I'm adding my vote to the open/seated MRI. No matter how scary, I think it's scarier to think of pain for the rest of my life.
Definitely, get a referral. And discuss the medications way in advance. You can do it!
P.S. Sorry about the CT scan fiasco. I could have told you that ... :(

Star*

call 911........call 911
(PULLS UP IN PIMP MOBILE--)

psssssssst whatcu want whatcu want........???????????

uT OH.......PO PO........GOTTA SPLIT...............(PEELS OUT INDISCRIMINATELY)

DammitJanet

LOL Star...I think I have more in my house than any drug dealer could sell me! Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I dont like needles...lol.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(went around the block)

Naught ah........I got the good stuff Momma......
I got........(looks in center console) ..........puts it in ball cap..........whispers.....DROP yo' money in the hat.....and take what you want. I got chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, snickerdoodles.....peanutbutter crucnch,

OMG I watch too many episodes of Law and Order........and Martha Stewart...

DammitJanet

Star...LMAO....I cant eat those...make them softer. I need marshmallow filled centers or nice soft candy. But thanks for the thought.

Seriously, I think it's the fact that doctors are unfair and prejudiced againts people who have weight problems, like they "did it to themselves" or "if you were a normal weight, you would be fine". The don't care, like you're less of a person.

This is my recent experience, I'm still so mad, I never told anyone for fear they would agree. I went to my gyn and he said I should have my cholesterol checked and I should see my gp for a general checkup. So, I did, and I asked about my cholesterol- he never shut up about my weight, I wasn't there for that though. (I tend to get too skinny, and I'm on way down again) I'm 45 and should have my cholesterol checked, and he said, "No...maybe next time"

Umm...was I being punished? I'm mad, I wasn't treated nice. I should call my gyn and get a prescription for bloodwork, but that's not the issue. Janet, why should someone on this cd board be telling you about this type of MRI? The dr's know about it! AND why won't they give you the twilight? People get the needles there for the contrast? You know, they put the weight issue in there and they're jerks about it. I swear I could have something seriously wrong....we'll talk about my weight? Why????? I'm not there for that!!!!

DammitJanet

UAN...I thought about that last night when I saw how long those types of MRI's have been around. My god. I have been telling God and everyone about my extreme phobia about MRI's for years yet not one doctor has mentioned this and trust me, I have seen some doctors who are not local yocals. The MRI place that I jumped off the table is associated with DUKE university. They have this type of MRI. And no one called my doctor and had him transfer me? Hmm. And I am told that they never do sedation other than oral medications for MRI's and when I tell them I know its simply not true because they sedate children or people with epilepsy or who are unable to respond to verbal commands, they just look at me like I am stupid.

I cannot understand for the life of me why a doctor wouldnt want to do a cholesterol level on you. You have had a ton of issues with weight and food. And even if you didnt, cholesterol can be genetic. My mom was only about 150 at her highest weight and ate pretty healthy. She had really high cholesterol. Tony on the other hand, weighs about 250, and has the best cholesterol around and eats fatty foods like they are gonna be outlawed tomorrow!

My husband weighs more that your Tony, eats fatty foods the same way, and he's perfect in every level also. Mine has absolutely no regard for anything healthy, he's happy as a clam eating the fattiest food. His father on the other hand, is a COMPLETE alcoholic, a very heavy smoker and even bigger that my husband, and HE'S healthy, go figure. Some people have good genes....I hope my husband is like his dad. I am scared that someday he will have a heart atack from those eating habits. I really can't change him. I see him the same way I saw him at age 15, honestly I don't notice the 115 pounds he's gained, he looks the same to me.

My bff in high school, her dad ate nothing that wasn't completely organic, literally...we ate kale for dinner there, he was so fit and healthy, but he got cancer, thought he could cure it with his healthy diet, but no, he died many years ago. To each their own! No one should judge, especially a doctor! How much were our pointless visits? At least a hundred dollars where they tell us nothing. I'm annoyed I wasted my 10 dollar co-pay.

TerryJ2

I've often wondered about people like that. Some drink until they make everyone crazy but they live long lives. Others get cancer or heart disease early on.
Somehow, though, I think they are the exceptions. I mean, look at all the studies that show huge percentages of heart disease and lung cancer linked with-smoking. It can't all be made up.
When easy child finishes her statistics classes, I'll ask her ...

DammitJanet

Terry, I have decided that I am no longer worried about smoking anymore. I couldnt care less anymore. In fact if it gets me out of this pain faster, so much the better.

InsaneCdn

There are several factors we have no control over, including genetics. Environmental factors (did you grow up in a mining community, or around farm chemicals, for example?). Medical factors like exposure to radiation (x-ray, ct, etc.) and medications. Personality (type-A, or anxious, or laid-back, etc.). And so on.

And THEN there are the things we can control... diet, exercise, and how we manage stress.

We don't know all those other factors - but those are the factors that make or break survival, most of the time. I'm not aware of people with poor genetics and polluted environment growing up, that don't have serious health issues - even though some of them have been very careful about the things they can control. Those who "get away with everything"... probably just got real lucky on the stuff they have no control over.