I now understand men's fascination with the garage

F

flutterbee

Want to know what it is? NO ONE bothers you out there. No one else wants to be in the garage. There's no tv, no computer, no good furniture, no food or drinks and just...well, nothing to do.

I love it.

In my search for pure quiet time, I've ended up in the garage. I tried my room, but I could still hear children and they would still come in and want to talk to me. I tried sitting out back, but the neighbors dogs are outside a lot and they bark at anything that moves. They can't help it, they're bored. Except for the chihuahua. I love animals and belong to animal welfare groups, yada, yada, yada...but I hate that dog. He suffers from "little dog's disease". He doesn't realize he weighs all of 3 pounds and thinks he's a menacing pitbull. I dream about crushing up some ambien and slipping it into some hamburger and feeding it to that dog. If only I had some ambien....but, I digress.

When I sit on the porch all the neighbors walking by want to chat or say hi or wave and then I have to make nice and all. Lovely people, I'm sure...but I just don't want to be bothered by anyone.

So, that's how I ended up in the garage. I don't have any projects going on out there. I'll take a book and read. Or I'll just sit and it's just so quiet. So nice. The only one that ever follows me into the garage is GFGcat and he's just looking for a bug to eat. :smile:

I'll let you in on a little secret. When I'm in the garage, I can hear the kids coming down the stairs from their room which, inevitably, means they are gonna come looking for me and while they don't hang out in the garage, they will come out to get me. If I'm not ready to be disturbed, I sneak around the other side of the car and hide. They haven't figured it out yet. :rofl:

Lothlorien

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'll let you in on a little secret. When I'm in the garage, I can hear the kids coming down the stairs from their room which, inevitably, means they are gonna come looking for me and while they don't hang out in the garage, they will come out to get me. If I'm not ready to be disturbed, I sneak around the other side of the car and hide. They haven't figured it out yet</div></div> :rofl:

Steely

:rofl:
Heather, Heather, Heather........
You have solved ALL my problems. I never thought of the garage!

And the hiding idea! Splendid! I could even climb into the attic to "get away"! I could be a regular lil Anne Frank! :wink:

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey, if you look, you should be able to find a small dorm fridge fairly cheaply. Maybe even check bulletin boards at a local college or freecycle and ask for one.

Go, in secret, to pick up the fridge. Hide it in the garage. STock it with YOUR beverage and a special treat (ina box marked brussels sprouts or whatever).

Then your garage will have your get-away treats too!

I wish I had a garage.

Susie

TerryJ2

LOL!

However, I disagree that there's nothing to do. I actually have paints and nails and cool project stuff stored out there, not to mention storage boxes that need to be sorted. I'd end up working ... or playing. Depends.

:smile:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Cool idea Heather! I'm glad it's working for you. :bravo: :smile:

Wish I had a garage. We have a shed but believe me it's not the same. I used to sit in the back yard with the dogs for a couple of hours of an evening. The family wouldn't dare come out there, I might find something for them to do. lol (you don't wanna see our backyard) I've been waiting for cooler temps to get out there and start cleaning it up so I can sit out there again before winter hits. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hot.gif

I had to crack up over the Little Dog Syndrome. We've got a couple of dogs with those issues living across the street. :rofl: :rofl: