I ordered the Wii Fit Plus....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival (didn't make it in time for Christmas).

Who's used it? I hear & checked that there is a way to individualize your exercise program. I bought it mainly for the add'l balance exercises.

Just curious who has it & what they think.

M

ML

Let me know how you like it. I was hoping to get it for Christmas but we've decided to wait for our next paycheck.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I already use the Wii Fit - but I saw more balance exercises & decided to purchase the game.

I'm looking forward to a review - wish it were here today.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I just got it as a present today. I didn't have the Wii Fit part before so I'm trying all that first; I had a blast. Both easy child and difficult child have played some of the Wii Fit + Games today and had lots of fun. They looked like I'd have fun with them too. I will try them soon!:)

Kathy813

Staff member
I got a Wii and Wii Fit plus with balance board for Christmas. husband and I have already created profiles for us and our dogs. I have tried all of the balance games and some of the aerobics games. My favorite balance game is the Segway game and I like the tightwalk, penguin, and ski jump, too. I am terrible at the soccer game. I guess I could never be a goalie. LOL

I'm not sure about the accuracy though. It told husband he should lose over 20 pounds to have the ideal BMI and husband definitely does not need to lose weight. He would look sickly if he lost that much weight. I don't think it takes bone structure into account.

The games are fun, though. I also played the Wee sports a lot yesterday and was sore from the tennis game today. I beat easy child in bowling which really made her mad. She is super competitive and very athletic and could beat me in a real bowling game easily. It was funny to see her get mad that her little old mother could beat her at Wee bowling.

I know that you will enjoy it!

~Kathy

DammitJanet

Kathy, one of the guys who works with Tony brings his Wii along with him out of town. They play the bowling game A LOT! Tony gets sore from it...lol. I think they play the bowling so much because so many players can play. ??? I know at least 4 or 5 guys will be in the room playing when I call. They really get competitive. LOL.

We want to get one...someday.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Kathy, I haven't started to enter my profile but husband did. He said the same thing about how much he should weigh. It was very off for a guy of husband's bone structure. He is a big boned, big guy.
We are going to play some of the games tonight or tomorrow.

LittleDudesMom

Linda, I don't have the Wii Fit but I've been thinking about it. I know Marg has been using it for awhile.

Kathy, I love the Wii tennis. And I will tell you that when I first started playing it I wanted to get pro status and played a whole lot - I definately had Wii arm for a time before my muscles adapted!!!!!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
We've had way too much fun with the Wii Fit Plus today. easy child used it for over and hour and a half! She loves the yoga part (I'm sure I'll be horrible when I try that). difficult child used it before leaving for respite. Tonight husband and I both did 40 minutes in addition to our workout at the club!

easy child added in our dog's profile.

One extra interesting thing is easy child actually said she loves how much energy the exercise has given her. We've been trying to convince her of this for years!!! Today she is saying, "Mom, you were so right; it does give me extra energy. I love it!" Now if only she can continue!

Marguerite

We ignore the BMI information. It's not the fault of the Wii, it's the fault of the various interntional health groups that have decreed what is a healthy BMI and what is not. I've frankly had a gutful of doctors and nutritionists over the yers telling me I'm an unhealthy weight when I'm not. I was told in the past that I was overweight at 65 Kg, when stats these days declare that to be a healthy weight. And after difficult child 3 was born and I weighed less than I do now (and the BMI now puts me in the overweight category) a doctor labelled me as "morbidly obese" when according to currrent stats, I was maybe just into the overweight range, but I HAD just had a baby!

So ignore the BMI as an absolute reference, just use the weight measures relatively, to monitor your body's changes. The Wii Fit Plus has modified its standards too, so there seems to be less pressure re BMI.

We're just getting into the Wii Fit Plus, my physiotherapist has warned me off some of the exercises, especially ones involving lifting my legs at all, but the new balance games are fun. I love the tilt table.

Enjoy it, Linda - it will do you good. Just be careful to not overdo it.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Special note to Sharon (WO) - the exercise will help her depression levels as well! I know she cheers, but also that may be gone now right? But keeping her inerest up with the Wii Fit may really do good for her mood.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm so tickled. I did the profile. It says I am somewhat overweight(which I knew). Their recommendation and my thoughts are only 5 lbs different. Most importantly it says my fitness age is 10 yrs younger than my chronological age. :cutie_pie: I'm so tickled that my hard work is actually measurable. Needless to say husband and a younger single friend are showing up much older than their chronological age. :irock:
I never think of myself as an athlete which husband has always been. Guess I have become motivated to keep moving forward.

Excuse my enthusiasm but I hope any of you who don't think you can do it, just remember I started considerably overweight and took the first steps to walk vigorously.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Fran-I'm so jealous!:) My Wii fit age is older than I am. The balance thing gets me every time-I have always known I need to work on my balance:)

Sharon-That's what I am hoping that it will help with her depression. She was certainly a different child yesterday. Spent almost no time in her room just hanging out with husband and me and in a good mood! I've been trying to convince her exercise would help her depression but she didn't want to listen-I'm tickled that this may be the ticket. She gets to stay on the cheer squad for now and as soon as the teachers say she is passing she will get to cheer in games-right now I believe she can only practice.

tictoc

I want a Wii Fit, too. Bug's Occupational Therapist (OT) says the balance exercises would be good for him, so we plan to get it soon.

I must admit that I am totally addicted to My Sims...which is exceptionally sedentary, so I definitely need to play the sports games to counteract that.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Thanks for asking, Linda. We got the wii for the kids for Christmas, and I am planning to buy wii fit when I'm not quite so broke.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It should be here by the end of the week. I'm already using the Wii Fit & love the balance & yoga. I've started some of the "approved" aerobic stuff as well.

Thanks for the reviews, ladies.

Fran, my sis is the same as you - a few pounds off but -10 years from her actual age. I'd rather not say what age that thing tells me.

Kathy813

Staff member
Anyone know how the Wii fit determines the age? I am two pounds less than the recommended weight and it only has me as four years younger than my chronological age. My balance and BMI was determined to be good, also. What else does it take into account?

~Kathy