I ran!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well, kinda. I jogged.

Finally.

And I'm not dead.

I have bad joints. Have since I was in high school (tho I ran track, but paid dearly to do it.) But I used to love running and I miss it so much, so I've been working up to it (quietly). I have to run on a treadmill or track, I can't do uneven surfaces, but last night, at the gym, I bumped the treadmill up and jogged 3/4 of a mile of my usual walk. And I don't hurt today!

I am so excited!

N

Nomad

That is soooo exciting! I have been fast walking forever. Once in awhile I try to jog, but don't last long. If you feel okay to share a little more that would be great! Bottom line...you are moving your body and this is going to be a great thing for weight loss and cardiovascular health! Way To Go!!!!! Keep up the good work!!! :D

Shari,

:treadmill::happyguy::jumphappy: What a great accomplishment!!! I also enjoy jogging/running. It just makes me feel so good emotionally as well as physically.

Take it slowly and be really, really careful. It's definitely hard to do if you have bad joints. Keep alternating it with other kinds of aerobic activity that is easier on your joints such as using an elliptical trainer.

:you_go_girl: WFEN