I really do feel lucky, husband is sweet!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
K has been fixated on her American Girl's hair...
You would have to appreciate a BiPolar (BP) kid with sensory issues who is kind of shaky and no real focus at time to get the real picture.
Which most of you can relate to.

She has also been *doing* her own hair, which we have been encouraging, kind of. It looks like a rats nest that has tried to be fixed up a little.
But she is so earnest in her attempts and tries so hard that I will at least try to get her to let me fix the clips in the front.
It has been a ponytail in the back with 1 or 2 clips in the front.:D

Anyway she has been trying to do her dolls hair. She wanted me to help her last night and I was cooking dinner. I had all of the stuff out for her, the little clips, rubber bands, water bottle, brush.

She even has a little book of hair-dos.

I kept running back and forth trying to show her, but could not use my hands.
So I kept asking her to just wait until after dinner.
Well, you know how that goes over.
So husband comes out of his office and gets the book, I set them up with the picture and the rubberbands etc.
She wanted to see and try to do a braid down the back of her head.
husband has never done a braid!!!:surprise::redface:

He tried 3 times...
I finally walked over and talked him through it.
HE DID IT!!!:tongue:
It looked really good. K just hugged her doll and looked goofy like she does when she is really happy, hugged Daddy and just sat there holding her doll until dinner.

I thought it was so sweet!!!
Of course this morning she once again came out looking like Helana Bonham-Carter in Sweeney Todd!!!
But I love her originality!

DammitJanet

Awww....

We have hair problems here too. Keyana's hair is awful to manage. It is just so curly! She hates for us to attempt to brush it too. Cory is better at it, Mandy does it wonderfully because she has the same type of hair, but me and Papa...well we are learning...lol. This past weekend we did really well with two ponytails...lmao.

Steely

Awwww........the picture you described of husband and k made me grin.
What a sweet dad.
I can so imagine the look of trepidation he had when he was trying to braid a doll's hair.:faint:
Too awesome.
He is a keeper.

Lothlorien

How cute. I don't think husband would even attempt to do Missy's hair. Bravo and a pat on the back for your husband stepping up and doing something so out of the norm! Whoo hoo!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What an awesome DAD!!! He totally ROCKS!

I have to tell you that one of husband's favorite things to do for easy child is to blow-dry her hair after she's washed it. It's very sweet how she sits so nicely for him and he patiently brushes and dries it out. He normally doesn't have the attention span for something like that. He's not so good at rubber bands and clips, but he will try if she asks him to do it or I'm not around and she's got a soccer game or something like that where her hair needs to be up.

Our kids really are lucky to have such doting dads, Toto. I know yours wasn't around for that and mine had no clue what to do with kids besides yell at them or lecture them. Makes us appreciate the guys we married that much more. :D

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Awww. What a sweet image.

Reminds me of my brother, who was a stay at home dad with all girls. The first few years, they'd come in with pig tails and barettes all over their heads and we'd ask "did daddy do your hair?" and they'd just beam and they nodded their lop-sided little heads...lol

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I was avoiding this thread - I just wasn't up for a 'sweet man' thread, no offense.

But what an awesome story!! That's a real man, if there ever was one. How nice for your little sweetie to have her daddy help her with her baby's hair. Nice.

Glad I read this. It reminded me of all the nice things H has done with our girls.