I *really* need the power of the board

flutterby

Fly away!
I emailed my former boss this morning and asked him if he would have a place for me for 25 hours a week.

*gasp* *biting nails*

I know that sounds really impulsive. It is and it isn't. I've been wanting to go back to work for a loooooooong time. But, I've been worried about my reliability and ability to keep a job.

Well, I decided that I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Mainly, I'm tired of this illness controlling my life. I'm taking my life back come hell or high water.

I know I can't work full time. I don't have the stamina anymore. But, I am too young (and too bored and too broke) to be disabled. I figure if I can spend 25 hours a week on the computer at home, I can do it somewhere else and make some money. If I'm going to feel bad, I'm going to feel bad regardless of where I am. And at 25 hours a week, my former employer offers employer paid health insurance.

With my cognitive issues, learning a new job would be really hard. And in this job market, I wouldn't be an ideal candidate by far. But, if I stick with what I know I should be ok. And there will be still be a re-learning curve. So, this is kinda my only shot at the moment.

I'm really excited about this. My former boss really liked me. I started out part time with them and when I needed full time, they created a position for me with a substantial raise in pay, followed by a 10% raise the following year.

I need the power of the board. PLEASE let him have something for me to do.

Thank you!

Fran

Former desparate mom
All fingers and toes crossed. Anything that pulls you up is a good thing. No one wants to be disabled. I think your attitude is great and going to work may be just what you need to give you a boost.

KTMom91

Sending hugs, strength, good thoughts, bead rattling, crossed fingers, and everything else you may need.

flutterby

Fly away!
The secretary emailed me this afternoon and asked if I had heard anything. I had called her earlier and my former boss wasn't in (she's keeping this between us for now - not sharing with the other employees), which is when I decided to send the email instead. This time of year it can be hard to nail the partners down.

So, that means he was in and I didn't get a "No", which I'm hoping means he is going to talk to the other partner. A good sign. I hope!

I do know that they never replaced me and that one of the full time employees went part time and I think they only partially replaced that.

It also helps that I was kind of a "jack of all trades" there. That makes finding a place for me a bit easier.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!
SHAKING SNAKES AND DANCING THE NEKID CHICKEN LIVER DANCE!

-my neighbors now adore you. :D