I really need to go the grocery store

F

flutterbee

But, it's not happening tonight. It's raining and it's still below freezing. It's supposed to be 35 by now and getting warmer, but it's not.

We went shopping today and finished buying for Christmas. After I stopped myself from feeling sick over how much I spent, we stopped and ate at Subway. Wynter had a good time; she was really enjoying herself.

We came home and Wynter wanted to wrap presents before we went grocery shopping. My head was thumping, so I took some naproxen and told her to give me 30 minutes.

We started wrapping. Of course, can't have a good day without having bad. She got angry because she can't wrap anything...."it svcks". Because there was a little puffy part on the bottom of the package she wrapped. She proceeds to get angry, starts throwing things and kicking things. I told her to leave the room. She proceeds to yell at me from the living room about how everything she makes is terrible, she can't do anything right, blah, blah, blah. Comes back in here, kicking things and using that tone. I told her that everything she makes does not svck and that she is very creative (true). No it's not, blah, blah, blah. I told her that I can't change her perception, but that she needs to think about how high her expectations are and what she can do about that. She continues. I told her that wrapping presents was supposed to be a happy time and that if she was going to be angry, she could go be angry in her room. "I wasn't in my room before." "Well, I'm telling you now; if you're going to be angry, do it in your room."

She goes away for a bit and comes back. "When are we going to the grocery store." Well, not until after midnight when it warms up. It's icy. We might have to get up early and go in the morning. She can't get up early, she'll be too tired, she won't have any fun tomorrow. I told her to go outside and if she could stand up on the driveway then we would go. She didn't want to do that. :tongue: But, there's nothing to eat and we need to go. (If I had a nickel for everytime 'there's nothing to eat in this house'....) Again, I told her if she could stand up on the driveway.... And again, she didn't want to.

But, I do really need to go. It was supposed to be warmer earlier than it is now so I wasn't worried about going later. Sigh. I guess I'll be there in the morning with all of the other last minute shoppers.

Just another ramble.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Me too. I have nothing to eat. K was too much of a wreck today. Started screaming at me ( likely my fault! LOL) When I said we needed to go pick up N and run to the store. Turned into a huge battle.
husband ended up having to stay here with her while I ran and got N and raced back here and did not go to the store...
So we ate rice and whatever was left in the fridge... cucumbers, grapes and carrots!!! Oh and 2 bagels...
I had a glass of wine.
I do not want to go tomorrow. Yuck! Maybe I can sneak first thing in the morning?
Wynter sounds like an older K at times! K was starting to get upset about wrapping tonight also! I had to baby her though it...

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry things were so conflama filled at your homes today.

thank you painted things we had purchased in the am. husband slept in (a rare treat as he just never seems to), Jess slept in and then helped thank you, made cookies and homemade gifts for relatives.

I have to finish these dang ornaments, and then do some cleaning and make caramels. And WRAP WRAP WRAP!

MOST of our gifts arrived today and I was able to sneak husband's out BEFORE he saw them!!!

Hugs, ladies.

Remember, if it doesn't get done you will still have each other for the Holiday. )You know, when my Mom said it I was never sure if it was a promise or a threat??? Hmmmmm.....LOL!)

Hugs to all!

KTMom91

I didn't leave the house today. Motivational difficulties. So I have to go tomorrow and get a few things to make desserts to take to mother in law's and my mom's.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I didn't get out until late this afternoon. Spent the whole day wrapping and cleaning. easy child was a doll and helped wrap a LOT of stuff. She's pretty good for a 9yo. I had difficult child 2 wrap some things yesterday, and he was in a hurry and all thumbs, but I tried to get him to slow down and watch how I did it so he wouldn't feel flustered. Wrapping can be really hard. The tape doesn't always cooperate, and the paper sometimes has a mind of it's own! I can relate to Wynter's frustration.

Had to pick up two pies for the family thing tomorrow, but was waiting for the dang UPS truck to arrive (second attempt) with difficult child 1's medications that I have to sign for. Three o'clock and I couldn't wait any more, so I left quickly and came right back. Kids said nobody rang the bell. I still needed to get to Costco and the grocery store for stuff for Christmas Day. Waited for husband to get home, which wasn't until 6:45 because he was out shopping for one last thing for difficult child 2 (and likely the ONLY thing he had to actually purchase himself!). Seven o'clock and I split so I could get to Costco before they closed. As I was going down the hill, UPS truck was coming up, so I phoned husband to make SURE he listened for the bell.

We're supposed to get rain tomorrow and Thursday :( Not looking forward to the 100-mile drive we have to make tomorrow afternoon in it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

I have xmas dinner in my frig. That's it. I don't even have milk. (although Nichole is picking up her WIC today) I'm not grocery shopping until after the holiday.

Last night was awful down here. All hard surfaces were covered in ice. All. Including the roads. It took sister in law 2 1/2 hours just to get to work. It never takes him that long even in the worst storms. Nichole ignored my warnings about the icey roads and came home from boyfriend's. She said she didn't dare put her foot to the acelelorator the whole way. She was fish tailing on idle! She got stuck at one end of the alley. Gave up, went around the block and then couldn't get into the drive from the street. Finally had to hold her breath and drive thru the grass up into the yard.

We had people stuck on the road in front of our house forever, spinning their tires trying to get up our slight hill. So I can imagine what the other roads were like. We're not called Hillsboro for nothing. Taking the dogs out to potty was taking your life into your own hands. I almost went down a few times, especially since I had to do the leash with Rowdy. Thankfully he's a good boy and listened when I told him to go easy.

Travis was stuck at Krogers. None of us could get out to get him. So I called him and told him to see if someone would give him a ride to the end of the street, warning them not to turn onto the street or they'd get stuck. He got off at 10 pm. Didn't make it home until after 11. And krogers is only 15 mins away.

Nasty.

Of course now it's almost balmy outside and raining. I've got Rowdy tied up to his kennel so he can go into his dog house when he wants. If this doesn't work, it's back inside the crate all day for him. (he's starting to drive me crazy)

And tomorrow it's supposed to be back in the 30's again. sheesh

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Did you make it?
I just got back. Not too bad. But I was not in the mood. Actually it was better than being home.
I of course forgot butter.
I am not going back either. The butter is very important. How do I make dinner without butter, I am going to have to think real hard on that one. :)

F

flutterbee

We got back about 30 minutes ago. It was a mad house. I've never seen the store that packed except for when we're expecting a bunch of snow - which we're not. Fortunately, they have every lane open, so checkout was fast. And my not even half filled cart - $115.00, after my discount card, Devon's employee discount and coupons. :faint: I always send Devon. I haven't been for a while myself. I can't believe how much prices have gone up. It's one thing to see the receipt and another to look at the prices as you're picking up the items.

I don't think I forgot anything. Of course, Wynter's the one that was dying to go because "there's nothing to eat in this house" and she picked out TWO things. :mad:

T - Butter flavored crisco instead of butter? Depends on what you're making I guess.

Andy

I am so glad you made it shopping. I will face the crowds in about 1/2 hour. I gave easy child 10 minutes to get ready but husband is in the bathroom so I told her 10 minutes from when he gets out. If the grocery store or Walmart closes for Christmas Eve before I get to them you all will hear the scream and I will not be in much mood for church at 4:00. However, if easy child drags her feet, I will refuse to bring her home before services and she will have to go with us (that is what is keeping me calm right now - the thought that if we don't get going, she will be in church with us.)

husband is complaining about me going out. It may cost us $1.00 in gas you know - can't spend money at all you know!

Now I remember a few last minute gifts and I promised easy child we would shop for today! Ugh I was only planning food shopping. I should have made a list - this head doesn't hold things together anymore - doesn't help when husband is complaining because I did get easy child gifts (he didn't want me to get her anything because her vehicle has been so expensive lately). You don't not get all the kids gifts. He says, "Why does she have to be here for gift opening - there is nothing under the tree for her." "Yes there is!" "Oh, I thought Nita said she didn't get her anything." (Nita took her on a way too generous shopping spree the weekend before Thanksgiving - that was her gift).

I better get going - maybe the hustle and bustle of last minute shoppers will snap me out of this mood? LOL - (I know my family sure won't know how!) O.K. kick the Grinch out of me.