I really should have....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
apologized to my mother more. I was totally nasty to her when I was 13 - 15 years of age. I remember her taking me shopping for clothes & how angry I would get.

Why do I bring this up? I took kt out for a new belt & a couple of items of intimate apparel. I refused to buy orange or blue bras - I can't afford to buy tops to go with those colors. What person does these days????? The belt issue - ughhhhh! She wanted a $30 belt - not likely. And then she hated the size. Who's going to know the size unless she tells the world. It was an ugly outing :angrygirl: it may be days before I recover. :faint:

kt's been losing her baby fat & is slimming out quite a bit. However she wants more. We work on healthy choices & portion control in this house. We don't talk size here - we talk fit & how it looks on you. I would expect by the start of next school year kt will be back to a healthy weight & an inch or two taller at the rate she is going.

Saying all that, I really needed to spend the last 10 or 15 years apologizing for the attitude I gave my mom when shopping for clothes, getting my hair done, or any number of things that we did of a personal nature.

Don't forget to tell your mom I love you
:flower:. Don't forget to apologize for those nasty teenage years - it will come back to bite you in the behind.:bigsmile:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ahhh...Linda
It may be YEARS before she appreciates what you are doing, but you are doing a good thing. I think they think money just grows on trees. (If anyone knows of that tree, please PM me.)

If she wants a $30 belt...go mow some people's lawns or wash cars. Then you can have it because you have EARNED it.

Abbey

klmno

Well, it sounds like are handling this pretty well even though it was frustrating. Maybe it will dawn on her someday that she owes you an apology and a big hug!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry the shopping trip was so rough. I agree, we all need to apologize to our moms for all the grief we gave them.

I am just amazed because my mom takes Jess shopping for intimate apparel. And Jess will TRY ON THINGS for my mom = with no attitude!!! I can't even get her to go into the store if we are shopping for intimates.

Moms rule!!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I already got my payback. lmao

Two teen girls who were complete and utter opposites of each other.:faint:

And I've done my apologizing too.

Just remember, this too shall pass. You just might want to strangle her alot along the way.:dissapointed:

((hugs))

Penta

Take heart. I have a feeling your Mom knows you loved her even through the Terrible Teens.

As for kt, I have a little story. I taught for awhile with a young woman who was a close friend of my daughter all through adolescence. One day, she came up to me and told me how badly she felt for everything she and my daughter put me through when they were teens. They learn, mature and grow, but along the way, it can be very difficult.

My granddaughter, now 19, tells me all the time how much she appreciates me when just 5 years ago, she couldn't stand the sight of me.

All us parents need so much patience...it is so very hard.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Linda,

My Mom calls that on OH moment. I'm still amazed that nearly every week something can happen in MY life as an adult and I think/flashback "OH" that must have been HARD for my parents.

I've made my amends with my Mom - but told her that if I apologized to her every day from now until??? It may not cover all the teenager years and attitude. She said - I didn't pay attention to you when you were nasty and now that I'm older I forget things- so forget it. Besides anything you could have done then you've more than made up for as an adult. You treat me very well.

Had to laugh and agree with her wisdom.

nvts

My Mom called it "THE MOTHER'S CURSE". Once it's put on you, it can't be removed, even by the most loving mother on the planet.

Just think back: Did she ever say "someday you'll have kids and I hope you get one JUST LIKE YOU!"

It's done.

You're cursed!

:scared::919Mad::holymoly::rolleyes: