I REALLY want to win the lottery!!

klmno

I'm not a gambler by nature- I save and spend very conservatively. I buy a few lottery tickets about every 2 years and might go to horse races every 5 years- with a max. spending amount of $25 when I go. I don't think that's so bad. But, I've just had this urge to win something the past few days so I bought some lottery tickets and difficult child and I have it all planned out- that is, what we're going to do with the big cash!!

:checkwriter:

We're going to save a lot- he wants the entire amount for his college put aside right away (forget this college fund I've been sending money to). Then, we spend some helping others who really need it. Then, we get a house we like better. We decided against trying to bribe the judge involved in his crime spree charges (this was a bad idea for a number of reasons). The dogs get things- the female gets her own pink bedroom with Queen bed- pretty much the way things are now except she'll be the uncontested boss of this one. The male gets a squirrel farm, his own fire hydrant, and portable steps so he can get on the bed whenever he wants.

:cool-dog:

I'm sharing with the people on this forum- I think each of you might be able to find some way to use a few more bucks!!

:smile:

Then difficult child and I get a few toys we want and, as long as I save some and spend right, we'll both be in good shape for years to come!! No more problems- we are sure they will all go away!! But, just in case, we figure we can hire whatever counselor we need to be on call 24 hours a day!

:smile:

Ok, either I'm going to win or maybe, I've just lost my mind. (What could be the odds of that?) I'm sure, I'll be on here next week with difficult child issues, getting back into the work routine, and running around trying to get everything done that needs to get done. But, just for today, I'm having a great time dreaming!

:wink:

Have you ever had these thoughts? Is it a mental break-down??

ctmom05

<span style='font-family: Courier New'><span style="color: #990000">If I had an unexpected windfall from any source, the thing I would most derive satisfaction from would be to pay off all my debt. If I was to dream on, home improvements would be next on my list, superceded only by a log cabin in the woods. </span></span>

Wiped Out

Staff member
I like your plan for your winnings. husband and I only buy tickets once in a great while. When we do we dream about what we would do with it. First would be paying off all debt! We would retire early and move to Ann Arbor.

Of course, a college education for easy child and whatever post education would be best for difficult child.

We would buy my mom a house and a house for at least one of his siblings. We would buy a condo for his mom.

Vacation-I would go on my first ever cruise!

I would work to make people more educated about mental illness especially in children.

I like your idea of sharing with people here so I would do that too!

There's more, because, of course, I plan on winning big! Guess it would help if I actually bought tickets! Fun thread!

goldenguru

My husband and I have this conversation about once a year. You know the one. "What would I do if I won the lottery".

We have come to the conclusion - after discussing it for many years - that we would not want to win the lotto.

If you read studies about people who win it big - for most of them - the money does not enhance their lives. It complicates things. Divorce rates soar. Depression. Suicide.

We personally knew a man who won close to 6 million dollars. Lived just a block from us. Over the course of about 5 years, it slowly destroyed him. In the end, he died an obese recluse in his home. It was a couple of weeks before anyone discovered the body. It was a very sad commentary on something most people dream about.

There is something to be said about get working for all that we have.

Nope - I don't ever want to win the lottery.

(end of soapbox :soapbox:)

klmno

Yeah- I forgot to mention paying off the debts I have and giving some to my Mom.

I need to add educating people about mental illness. That's a big issue I have! My other issue is animal rescue!

DavidWH

I have said this for years.....

I would open a 5000 bed home JUST for kids like ours and staff it with people that actually give a hoot about them and their welfare!

Period

Star*

call 911........call 911
While I can appreciate the truth in GG's post (no soapbox needed)

And I like Davids idea about a 5000 bed institution (it made me laugh thinking about the staff) so I propose a 2,500 bed institution with GREATLY PAID and trained staff....

I like my own $2.00 a week day dream of hitting it big -
tithe 10% to our church without telling who it is
we both DF and I want to get our teeth veneered for the photo ops
then we want to set aside money for both our kids - and families

And then I want to go to some advanced technological country and have a bionic boy built to scale of my difficult child - that I can program to do things that I ask, has great behavioral skills, programming to remember holidays like Mother's Day, my birthday, Nana's birthday, Dad's birthday and Be there for Thanksgiving, Christmas with presents and a smile, lifts the toilet lid, never says from the backseat "MOM pull my finger", brings me flowers, graduates high school, and is upgradeable. NOT TO REPLACE Dude - but JUST to see how the other half SAYS they live. Just for a month or 9,000.

Then I'd leave bionic boy to watch difficult child boy and go on Safari, and see every continent, and country I could, help the poor, blah blah blah - stuff like that.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
husband is a lottery nut. Seriously. He used to go crazy buying tickets, then all I'd hear is all the things he was going to spend the money on. For DAYS. :rolleyes: :faint:

Spoiled it for me is what he did.

Not to say I haven't spent a dollar on a rare occasion on the lottery.

One year the lottery saved our fanny's for xmas. Yep. I bought a ticket and it WON! Problem was so did a bunch of other people. :slap: We wound up getting very little, but enough to buy xmas for the kids. Which was a good thing since we were flat broke.

I only buy tickets when I get this weird feeling. (maybe once or twice a year tops) And then I win. I only play the scratch offs, much to husband's disappointment. lol

But I had a neighbor once.....She won almost every single time she played, which was regularly!!! It was amazing! Anything from 2 bucks to 10,000 dollars!! She bought a new van with her winnings. All on the scratch off cards.

If she'd buy for cards, she'd win either on 3 or 4 of them. I've never seen anything like it before or since.

My mom would get a new car. Then I would.

My debts would be paid off completely.

Any loose end doctor visits would be taken care of.

A college fund for Tink would be secured. The rest would be invested safely.

I would either live off the interest and volunteer, or donate a huge amount to charity and start my own business.

Yep.

klmno

Hey, guys! Well, I have about 15 mins before I become a rich woman! LOL! Just wanted to respond to a few of you before it actually happens-

Goldenguru- when it doesn't happen, I'm going to remember your words so I'll think twice about this next week and the next time this "urge " hits me!! (OF course, I know you're right!)

ILMS- I'd help you out- to get started- but I want to see you make it on your own!!

David- Great Idea!! I'll have to reconsider my priorities!!

Star- This is Plan B

Christmas present costs- Oh, yeah , I guess I better cover those!!

Thanks, Willow, I'll feel your shoulder as I cry tonight!!

klmno

Whimper, Whimper! Well, guys, it's back to work on Monday for us! Thanks for living my dream with me- I'll be posting tomorrow about how to find the right therapist for us- it's been weighing on my mind and I think I really need some input-

It's a good thing I don't do this ofetn!!

mom_in_training

First on my list would be, Pay off the house, Pay off other debt, Go buy a van with a wheelchair lift, Get my backyard landscaped with new fence, Ummm just lost my fence to the high winds, Yikes!!! And lets see, A pool would be nice too. With whatever is left I would put aside to fund college for my difficult child but who knows she may not ever use it. So I figure if that were to happen that I would use the money to hire a nurse for my son to go with and take off to a far away place for an awesome vacation that we have never had. The rest of the money I would invest for the later years. Oh and I would have to go get myself a Teacup sized Yorkshire that I can love, Adore and spoil.

K

Kjs

I know I can't win if I don't play, but it is hard for me to justify spending any money on something I have literally no chance of winning.

I am rooting for my boss to hit it. He said if he wins he will give me his new Navigator. The most comfortable car I have ever riddent in.

on the other hand..easy child told me he needs to win the lottery because he "just wasn't born to work"...lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
He said if he wins he will give me his new Navigator. The most comfortable car I have ever riddent in.

I WOULD PUT THAT IN A LETTER ON COMPANY STATIONARY AND GET HIM TO SIGN IT - if he wins you are OUT of a job but at least you would have a nice car to go to a NEW interview in.