I saw my baby girl last night!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Shawna,
I'm so happy you had those 15 minutes with your little girl-you so deserve it and now to hear she wants to turn herself in-she is definitely showing some progress. Gentle hugs and continued prayers.

Lucedaleblessed

Maybe if you meet her and follows her to the intake process and see to that you are in court and support her statements also, then the judge would accept the apology.

If you take her bags home when she is booked then you can prevent a possible additional charge because the police search her belonging in order to record it and her turnaround is so sudden that she could be self-medicated (the right drugs without perscription).

A girlfriend I know was in an accident and she was in a lot of pain. Her uncle was a doctor and gave her pain-killers from his stock without the paperwork. The accident was partly her fault (She got in a pile-up) and she had to be booked. The painkillers secured her a night in jail and a stay in a out-patient rehab program. There is no reason risking that, so see to that her pockets are empty and keep the bag for her.

I am so happy that she has made such a progress. I just hope that my daughter will do the same sooner, so I don't have to wait 3 years. However, I have seen a lot of reports, which state that girls mature around 18 and boys some years later no matter what we do. It is just so hard.

B

bran155

Thank you all so much for all of your continued support!

I have Family Court in the morning (Friday). I told my daughter that that would be a perfect time to turn herself in. If she wanted to, call me and I would go pick her up. I haven't heard from her so I guess she isn't ready. Court is to close out her case at which time they would offer her continued services. I know that she would refuse but I really was hoping she would come with me. She is 18 now so FC is releasing her, however she would still quality for services through them until she is 21 but only on a voluntary basis. She still has to answer to the Criminal Court though.

Well, I guess I will just have to wait until she is ready or until she gets caught. In any event I will keep you all posted.

Thanks again my friends. :)

klmno

Darn, I was really hoping she would go ahead and go with you soon. It would show a lot of maturity. I tend to think (speculate is more like it) that BiPolar (BP) kids still have periods of stability between extremem mood cycling even if they aren't on medds. It sounds to me like maybe she hit a period of stability. I might have missed it if you said this, but if she hasn't been taking her medications, now would also be a good time to try to get her back on them. Although, she might say that everything is fine now so she doesn't need them.

The problrm of course, is that the instability will come back without proper preventions in place. I'm glad you got to see her though. Maybe the next time she mentions turning herself in, you could say something about doing it asap to get it over with and to keep her from changing her mind. I don't know that I'd want all charges dropped either, but certainly, she should get a much lighter sentence if she steps up to the plate and shows that she is working and trying to be responsible than if she stays on the run.

B

bran155

Thanks klmno. I just came back from FC, it was actually postponed as my daughter's lawyer wasn't there yet and rather than make me wait there all day long for her they gave me new court date and time when they know her lawyer will be there. At this point FC is just a formality as she has aged out.

I agree, I do think my daughter has moments of stability and I wish she would agree to take her medications. At this point she has to start over, she doesn't even have a psychiatrist in place or a therapist.

The DA just now called me. She said that we wouldn't be able to drop the charges even if we wanted to. She said that I should try to get my daughter to turn herself in asap as she will soon be adding bail jumping charges to her case. She wouldn't really discuss anything with me, she needs to talk to my husband. And she advised me to call my daughter's lawyer. I will. I am hoping that B will call me soon so that I can explain that she will soon be looking at more charges if she doesn't get her butt into that police station soon!!