I should be panicking.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
yet I'm oddly numb right now. kt has taken off & I've done nothing to stop her. She was caught stealing from me tonight.

I let kt know that there are certain respects I'm due & stealing wasn't on the list. kt replied that she was leaving ... she wants freedom & hates me. She left here around 9:15 or so to take the bus to a friends house. Told me she'd be back when she's 18.

I'll call mental health CM, CADI manager & crisis team in the morning. Risk management SW was to take her out to lunch tomorrow for being "stable" for an entire year ~ guess that's off the table, so to speak.

This is the first time I haven't called the police or crisis team; if nothing else I'm tired more than anything else & am hoping for a good nights sleep. I'll pray for kt's safety tonight & see what the outcome is in the morning.

JJJ

I'm so sorry Linda. I know if Kanga was home, she'd be in the wind unless she wanted something. I do think you should at least call the police and report her as a runaway just in case. Then lock your doors, have some tea and a good night's sleep.

Steely

Oh, I have been there many times. In my experience Matt tended to come back within hours. Which was truthfully even more stressful in ways. I think you are doing the right thing. Just relax and let it be what it is for now. Tomorrow if she still is not home, than you can call the police, etc.
Hugs

pepperidge

Well, she has a plan to go to a friend's house and a way to get there so maybe it isn't necessary to call the police. But stealing...

Sorry seems to be a thing in the air for difficult children to be taking off when they get frustrated with our rules. Something I have to look forward to...

DammitJanet

I wouldnt get in a dither either. She is old enough to storm out when she gets ticked off. typical teen behavior. I wouldnt call the cops myself at this stage in the game. For all you know she could come waltzing back in sometime in the night. Or she is just sleeping over with a friend who can commiserate with the awful mom syndrome. She will be back long before she is 18. Number one, she needs clean clothes and she will get hungry.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry. Like my Gma before me, the door would be locked after a stunt like this. Gma always told us we could leave at any time but coming back home had to be earned. Make sure all the doors/windows/whatevers are securely locked and get some sleep. I hate that you have to go through this.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I'm so sorry. Our difficult children do tend to sabotage themselves is what is going through my mind in regards to the celebratory lunch. Gentle hugs to you tonight.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you all.....kt called me 2 hours later & asked if I had "cooled off" enough for her to come home. My question to her was had she cooled off enough. While she was out with her friend wandering about the neighborhood she had called/texted many of her staff so I was taking calls well past midnight.

I never called the police; in a city this size & given kt's age there wouldn't have been a search for her for at least 48 hours unless I pushed the mental health button.

More than anything I think kt was stunned I didn't call crisis team or police. I think she was looking forward to the chase, so to speak. She told me that she never intended to run (tho she packed her medications - I liked that) & told me she'd see me when she was 18. My initial thought to that is "you're moving back when you're an adult, OMG".

kt's story is that she never was running away & she's sticking to that. I believe her friend didn't have the bus money for kt so kt had to come home or wander the streets; the streets were pretty dark & cold last night so she came home.

Onto new dramas & chaos in tweedleland. kt has lunch with risk manager SW to celebrate a year with-o hospitalizations/crisis calls. I spoke with her this morning & let her know what happened here. I've informed the rest of the treatment team.

DDD

In the two hours she was MIA she called many of the staff???? I don't understand that one. Was she looking for help, just complaining, trying to make you look like the bad guy?? What a very confusing and confused kid. Glad she's safe. DDD

klmno

told me she'd see me when she was 18. My initial thought to that is "you're moving back when you're an adult, OMG".

LOL! I agree!

And frankly, if she's old enough to take her medications with her when she runs, and then once she runs she calls her own MH team within 2 hours, she'll probably be ok- you couldn't have done any more than that for her, right?
:rofl:

mstang67chic

Going Green
LOL! I agree!

And frankly, if she's old enough to take her medications with her when she runs, and then once she runs she calls her own MH team within 2 hours, she'll probably be ok- you couldn't have done any more than that for her, right?
:rofl:

Agreed.

I'm just sorry you had to go through it. Even without "reacting" it still had to be stressful. Hopefully even with all of the calls, you still got a decent nights sleep. Hugs.

TerryJ2

Oh, Linda, I am so sorry. I just read Jena's note, too. My heart breaks for you. Wish I had some advice.

Have to laugh at the OMG you're moving back when you're an adult? !!!