I should have caught this one...

buddy

We have to be proactive with our kids. Gold stars dont work with most of our kids or we wouldnt be on this board.

Dee, you tell Q that while Nascar says that Boys will be Boys, they also have rules that have to be followed for the safety of everyone involved. Rules that everyone has to follow. Even the big and famous drivers get called into the office and get yelled at now and then.

Who is his favorite driver? Never know when I might run into someone over here because I dont live but an hour from 3 major tracks.

He likes most of them, and tends to want the underdog to win...he has always been like that and now knows the word underdog. Isn't that kind of cool? he is tired of Jimmy winning. Loves the crashes of course.

Funny, we have discussed the rules they have. When the last car modifications were implemented (whatever the term is) the commentators were talking about how thick he rule books are! I said SEEEEEE .... they have tons of rules and consequences. Of course he only picks those things that stand out and get lots of attention. He will say, you are right mom, he got into big trouble for that....do you think that is like what you said to me about doing the wrong things? He really does try.

TerryJ2

Very good!!!! I'm glad you stuck with-your rules in regard to locking you out. I would have caved.
These kids really need to be taught the difference between funny and not funny and rule breaking. It is SO hard.
{{hugs}}

buddy

Very good!!!! I'm glad you stuck with-your rules in regard to locking you out. I would have caved.
These kids really need to be taught the difference between funny and not funny and rule breaking. It is SO hard.
{{hugs}}

Well, in all honesty.... I "monitor and adjust" He had a whole weekend now of not blowing up when I have pushed the limits of his current stress reactions. IF he had been in a place where he was less able to cope, I probably would have gone to my "compromise" consequence that I often have to use.... like ok, no playing outside for 1/2 hour. Instead of the all or nothing mode. you are all right.... it IS so hard AND exhausting. TeDo and I were talking about that....how you have to be nine steps ahead at all times and try to be a mind/behavior reader at all moments. Then when we DO make a mistake, we beat ourselves up for not doing a job that NO ONE can do perfectly. Seriously, I keep saying, be as nice to yourself as you would be to another person on this board.... I need to remember that for myself every day.

He is waiting so nicely for our doctor appointment this morning! I mean really, he did all taht last night knowing he was missing hi beloved bus this morning. He has been away from the bus routine for a while so i bet that is helping but still..... He ROCKS