F

flutterbee

(((hugs)))

She's in the best place she can be now. I hope they can get her stabilized.

Immediate prayers for her stabilization.

You get some rest (you need it!!) and get ready; 'tis only just begun.

Remember, we are here to lean on. Stop in any time to draw strength from us.

((((hugs))))

Sara PA

You've described the classic psychiatric adverse reaction to antidepressants. My son too became psychotic from them. The only appropriate treatment is removal of the Luvox. There is no medication you can give her that will make it go away or control it. been there done that with my son.

She won't need antipsychotics to get through the withdrawal process but it may not be a pleasant experience. My son had classic withdrawal for two weeks -- dizziness, nausea, headaches -- but no mood swings or other behavior issues, possibly because he was on a high dose of a mood stabilizer. Chronic withdrawal lasted a few months. There were the occassional mood shifts but it was far, far better than it had been while he was on the antidepressant.

Common psychiatric adverse reaction to antidepressants include anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, impulsivity, akathisia (severe restlessness), hypomania, and mania. That hostility category includes everything from anger and aggression all the way to homicidal ideation.

Liliana, I am saying a prayer for you and your daughter. I hope that you are able to get some rest, and that you can get your daughter the help that she needs. Good luck, and remember that you have a lot of friends here at this site.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I hope you are getting some rest!!! i am sorry for your pain at this time. Sending support for you and your family...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sorry to be chiming in late here - I'm relieved to hear that your difficult child is safe in a hospital. The minute you can remove yourself, get home & get some rest. Then.....work out a discharge plan before the hospital calls to release your difficult child; you know & I know that happens to quickly. Call county mental health & get the ball rolling for help as she becomes an adult.

Then get some more rest......sending gentle cyber ((((hugs)))) this early morning.

TerryJ2

OMG, Lil! I'm speechless. What a series of events. You will probably sleep for 2 days straight after this.
I had Haldol once, for a migraine. It was not only useless for pain, I couldn't sleep, and I ended up having some reaction and losing some hearing in my rt ear. Sigh.

I agree with-your assessment of the medications. I truly hope she can get help with-professional supervision and new medications, as well as a smaller amt of medications.

{{hugs}}

Lilliana

Hi again everyone,

Well, she has been in the hospital for 3 days now and the 72-hour hold is about to end, but we are keeping her in the hospital on the dr.'s recommendation. difficult child is going to freak out at this news. Truth be told, she is not much better than when they admitted her on Saturday night. She is so belligerent, abrasive, angry, irritable, and oh yes, blaming ME for all of her bad behavior. She has always been so close to me but now *I* am the bad one. Her dad -- who she normally complained so much about being absent from her life -- is now the good guy. I suppose this comes with the territory...

I also was told by a close friend of hers today (in confidence) that difficult child had been using ecstasy DAILY for a long time, but she had quit using more recently, she thought. Wow...

Finally, they found her tox screen positive for marijuana AS WELL AS benzodiazepines! So, the question is what kind of benzos would she be using?? Does anyone know if they mix benzos in with ecstasy? She denies benzo use. I don't trust her of course. This nightmare just keeps on going. I am so mentally tired that today I called my sis-in-law at work and asked for her by her maiden name! I mean, she has only been married to my brother for 21 years. I guess it goes to show how your mind goes when you are tired, sleep-deprived, under stress.

Well, just wanted to update you all...And if anyone here knows how kids act when they have been using a lot of ecstasy, please tell me what you would expect to see....that plus mj + luvox = bad combination.

Thank you again everyone who has cared to post to me about this experience....it feels like you are the only people on the earth who speak my language...if that makes any sense to you. :crying:

Lill

happymomof2

Lill, I am relatively new here myself. My son is 14 and has not so far gotten into all that stuff, hope he doesn't. However my sisters daughter did. From the time she turned 12 til she was 16 she was running away from home - skipping school - doing drugs and drinking.

She finally moved in with her boyfriend at 16. Alot has happened since then and she is now 28 with 2 kids and another on the way. All of that is totally screwed up because the dad of the 2 kids is not her husband nor is the guy she is with now. She never officially divorced her hubby. The guy she is with now is old enough to be her grandfather and guess what - she's pregnant by him. But she is now 28 and all though her life has been like a true soap opera she is settled down alot.

I was upset when my sis let her move out at 16, but now that I have kids I understand. She went through pure hell with that child and it got to the point where she couldn't take it anymore.

Also you are right, your other child deserves a safe healthy happy home - not all this. When my son was giving me so much trouble in elementary school I missed out on alot with my daughter who is 2 years younger than him.

Do what you need to do for your safety and sanity. From what I can tell you are a great mother. No matter what decision you make there will be regrets unfortunately, but again you gotta do what you gotta do.

Take Care