I think I have been given a nice kudos type thing

DammitJanet

During therapy today my therapist approached me with something she thought I might be interested in and she felt I would be extremely good at.

This agency wants to start offering more groups and community outreach support type things. They will start off with the first group being a depression group. The whole agency went through their client lists and got together and talked about people who they thought would be good fits for this type of group. Right away they all thought that I would be huge help in getting this group started and move quickly into being a major player as leader of peer support.

I dont know if my therapist will be the one heading the group or not and I find I am really fine with whoever it turns out to be. A year or more ago that would have thrown me for a loop and it would have been a deal breaker. Now...Im perfectly fine with whomever it is. The only worry they have is my physical health but like I told her, I can wheel myself in if need be...lol. I think I am really getting better about things. I still find little things I need to process. We are going to cut back to every other week. I think that is ok with me for now. I told her I can foresee a huge problem the day I see Jamie off on the plane. She said that is only natural and to give her that date and She will make that time available for me day or nite. I can actually foresee a day I graduate therapy. The day will come when I just email her for support like I get from a good friend. That may end up where this relationship actually ends.

Or I may just end up staying with the agency as a peer support person. Maybe they can make a small part-time job out of it for me..who knows. LOL. That would be cool.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Congratulations Janet for growing the flexibility to see past the obstacles towards the goal. You have made great headway.
I'm thrilled they think highly of you. You would be a good facilitator. If they add part time job in there is the icing to the cake.
Being involved regardless of pay or not would be incredibly helpful to you, emotionally and physically. You will have much less sense of lonliness. It's a good way to connect with others and you may make a friend or two out of the deal.

Not everyone will see it in a positive light but that's more about sabotaging you than the truth. You have come a long way baby. :beautifulthing:

everywoman

I'm soooooo proud of you Janet. You have worked so hard to get to where you are now. With Cory out of the house, but still a part of your life, I can just see it getting even better.

lovemysons

Cool situation Janet. I really like support groups too. I think you would be an excellent choice for peer support.

Can certainly understand why you would need the extra therapy during the time your Jamie leaves. My hope is that life just keeps getting better and better for you all.

You deserve the best of situations...it's nice when we finally get passed alot of the drama filled years and onto brighter days where we actually have alot to offer others who are currently struggling. And the fact that your therapists' agency went through entire client list and thought of you is really a compliment to what a good leader, kind hearted, knowledgeable person you are. Congrats.

Tammy

Janet,

This is excellent news!!! You will make an excellent peer support person!!! Not only are you strong, intelligent and compassionate, but also you have a great sense of humor. I'm really happy for you - Congratulations!!!

I hope it turns into a part time job for you - A bit of extra income is always nice... WFEN

DDD

That's great to have something to look forward to, particularly during these times. I think it will be terrific. Congrats! DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet I'm so very proud of you. You go girl!!! :D :D

You've come so far, and worked hard to get there. And I see a major deal in the simple fact that you can now see a time in the not so distant future when your therapy will come to an end. Awesome. :)

I think it's a wonderful idea. :D

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
Do you realize what a wonderful thing it is to be your friend?

I am in awe of your ability to overcome, and move forward.

This truly is an honor, not just a gitchy little thing here kid - this is really something. To be recognized as a leader is always an honor.

Okay that being said and all skucking up aside - Dude will be arriving on the 3:30 bus....lol. OH and Slsh's son will be there shortly after....bwah ha haaaaa. :sick:

Way to go Janet - :D

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Talking to a therapist is great, but actually talking to someone who has been thru life's ups and downs provides much comfort in that "you can get thru this" feeling...... When ever we spoke to counselors I always had the feeling that they really had no idea what we were going thru, their kids weren't criminals or mentally ill and they only had textbook knowledge of our situation..... no practical knowledge...... not saying therapy only works with practical knowledge, but it certainly is easier to accept when you hear ideas from people who have been there.....

Great opportunity, the only drawback is the feelings this may draw out in YOU, so go in with your therapist on speed dial...... You could certainly help many people!!!!

meowbunny

Wow! It is indeed an honor, especially since it comes from several, not just your therapist.

It really does amaze me how much you've grown in the past year. You're more open, more flexible. As strange as it sounds, even though many things have gotten worse for you (health, Jamie, Cory), you sound better, stronger.

Good going and let's hope things keep improving for you. HUGS

Stella Johnson

That's great news, Janet!:D You will be great at it plus it will help you make some new friends in your area.
It will be really good for you to get out of the house more too.:bravo:

steph